<t>Simple question - how much is Employment Support Allowance? I know there are various rates but everything I've seen suggests that my partner's income will halve if and when he has ESA awarded..... which will send us right to the breadline. <br/> I'm sure I remember someone telling me that our inc...
<t>My partner, who has (at-present) uncontrolled bipolar II, has just a few minutes ago fallen to sleep after threatening to commit suicide and having his emotions completely get the better of him. He's resting now but that's only after I removed all his "weapons of choice" and locked them away and ...
Just want to say thanks.... knowing other people are in the same boat and that I'm not alone or unique does help.... I wish I could say things had eased up but they've not really... we're kind of drifting along in an alternate universe right now where things appear normal on the surface but.... We a...
<t>Hi everyone, and thanks for the support, things have returned to (relative) normality, for the moment at least. I'm still being wound up as youngest is all tears, tantrums and testosterone right now but that's just normal for teenagers, isn't it!<br/> A weight loss board on here would be great, s...
<t>He says he just wants to smile again.<br/> He blames the CPN for his problems,<br/> either them or the CMHT<br/> or the psychiatrist<br/> or sometimes his ex, or his brother, or whoever is in the way.<br/> Never me or our kids<br/> not yet anyway.<br/> <br/> He blames the drugs<br/> He needs stro...
Didn't mean to stress you out.... oops
<t>We had an argument about socks this evening. Not normally something we'd argue about, especially as the socks in question belonged to our younger son but had ended up in the eldest's drawer. <br/> It wouldn't have been a problem except eldest was trying to get ready to go for a job interview and ...
My partner has bipolar disorder and is currently stuck in a depressive cycle and has very strong urges to self harm.

Any immediate tips that may help either me to support him or him to channel his desires some other way?
good advice but he doesn't have a CPN anymore, the service was withdrawn after he complained, plus the psychiatrist at the moment is a locum that he doesn't know or trust, as his usual one is off on long term sick...... there's no one at the CMHT he likes or trusts at all......
<t>Together we have come up with a plan that could work, it's restrictive at the moment but the idea I had was to first introduce my partner to the idea that I may have a job, but one that doesn't require any changes to his daily routine - future alterations can be dealt with once the initial hurdle...