I know a lot of people will say they couldn’t bring themselves to watch this programme but as a carer for my mum who has Parkinson’s dementia I did. I’m not embarrassed to say I cried for most of the programme not just because it was really upsetting to watch but almost like a release valve inside ...
What have they got to hide??? Not sure how you mean bowlingbun, besides their dodgy rules/systems/proceedures. Even with me having POA, they manipulate non-stop. All I know is the Care Agency chose to deem me as a problem the other year. As there were issues with the Carers which got back to the Ag...
I've looked up Power of Attorney for Health & Welfare, with regards to when it's active. Found this: 'Health and welfare attorneys As a health and welfare attorney, you make ( or help the donor make ) decisions' Which the local authority together with the care agency prevent me doing at all costs . ...
It sounds as though things have a bit out of hand all round and relationships have broken down. If you have specific complaints about individual members of staff and you have complained via the management of the care company without anything being resolved you could always try reporting the issues ...
What exactly are the issues that the LA's carers are bullying you over? Are they refusing to work with you as a double up? Is it the hours they are keeping or not keeping which is upsetting you? Are they doing an inadequate job or accusing you of not caring correctly between their visits? What has ...
If she DOES have dementia, even if it is not severe enough right now for her to lose legal capacity, at some point it WILL be severe enough - and she won't be allowed to make decisions for herself. Have you got PoA for Health and Welfare lined up so YOU can legally make those decisions? That would ...
I have similar problems with my son with LD. Especially social workers who have only known my son a couple of months trying to tell me what he does or does not like! I'm the one he would always choose to support him, sadly I can't full time due to health issues, but I know that I'm the one person h...
What is it that you are doing that they don't like??!!! Usually, the council etc are only too eager for family to do as much as possible! Why not in your case? As for 'rights'....from what I read here, if your mum is still legally competent, then she has a right to choose her own companions and her...
No matter how much I am involved in my Mother's care, as she wants me to; those involved can't handle my involvement. Adult Care services disapprove, the Care Agency disapprove tough, it's not about them! So I have written the following email...they need to go swivel instead of finding fault with me...
Anybody know what's happening with the crisis in Continuing Health Care funding? What's it gonna take for the Government to get their fingers out of their behinds about this urgent matter? Or do they need to be in the position the frail, sick, disabled + elderly to fully appreciate what devastation ...