Hi. I've been researching Utility Warehouse to change my Mum's Gas + Electric for some time now, but the reviews seem flimsy. Anybody on here with them, and would they recommend them at all? Thanks
BT phone line problem finally sorted. Engineer came out after I sent email to CEO and 2 other letters; where I spelled everything out, (including being carer to my Mum; needing working telephone line 24/7). Even to the point of stating if they had a heart and wanted to really help to let me know. Ea...
My local authority is charging me 20% council tax, when I'm on ESA. I'm thinking of filling in + sending relevant supporting evidence about SMI form - Severe Mental Imparement - to discount me from having to pay. Not sure if it's worth doing, as I don't want it compromising my position having POA fo...
I emailed our local council's customer contact centre asking them for information on what agreement was made between them and the local housing management that they commissioned to 'managed' their housing stock. Which got translated as a Freedom of Information Request. Now it seems I'm expected to p...
I'm in contact with the Communications Ombudsman due to difficulties with BT. Having had a crackling landline for some time now, ie around 3 years on and off. I got in touch with BT on and off throughout the time. Who stressed me out no end, to the extent of instructing me (on a web-chat, who were e...
What exactly is the centre saying you need to buy so your mum can go to the day centre? Day Centre informed us around 2015 my Mum needed a new changing bed for them to hoist my Mum for showers. Social worker insisted we had to pay, as Mum's self-funding. Which we refused, as Mum has all equipment p...
The day centre, does, after all have a duty to "make reasonable adjustments" for disabled people. It certainly seems as if your local authority hasn't read all the rules and regs. laid down by government. Unfortunately our 'local authority' make their own rules. Sick + tired of being messed about b...
Did anyone sign an agreement for the equipment? My husband has powered a wheelchair that belongs to wheelchair services. He had to sign a lengthy agreement. Which has many stipulations. So the wheelchair is only on loan. Your situation sound much the same. I don't recall any agreement signed. Just ...
Melly1 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm
Hi Butterfly,

Sorry you are still having battles.

How mad, if it's a "custom built wheelchair" it won't suit anybody else, anyway.

Melly1
Exactly! But in their blinkered proceedures/systems they don't have any room for common-sense
My Mum's been provided with a custom built wheelchair by the local Posture & Mobility Clinic. The criteria being she attends Day Centre. Which she has been unable to go to due to equipment social services insisted we pay for, when she has all the equipment needed to stay in her own home. Now the Day...