It may be worth suggesting getting an appointment with a private psychiatrist to get a second opinion.

The "borderline" diagnosis could be wrong
Why don't you offer him a holiday by the seaside?
Have yu tried I get him into Farleigh College at Frome?

They specialise in Aspergers Syndrome and they help people get to University
I would ask him if he will let you come to see the Welfare dept at the university as a starting point
How old is he please?
When did you last visit him?
Did you visit the home. With him?

Who arranged for him to go to this place?
Does he return home for weekend leave?
Yes there are.

In my area there is something called "Care and Repair"

Depends which county you live in?
It takes about an hour to complete the form online