Hi all, my husband and I are setting up health and financial lpas for his mum who is 88 and still 90% all there. She asked us to after the awful problems her brother had over his wife's care. The problem is that my husbamd has a younger brother with severe mental impairment due to a combination of p...
Well, my hubby has changed the lock in his brother's front door without telling their mum. We have a spare key. That was over a week ago and she has not yet mentioned it. I suspect that is because it would reveal she is trying to get in again after all the promises not to. She has been phoning us to...
She has never been diagnosed with anything. We (only laymen) think she has had lifelong adhd as you cant hold a conversation with her for more than a couple of sentences before she moves on . She changes subject mid-sentence. She is obsessed with clearing out and throwing away what she sees as rubbi...
Thanks for the suggestion. This is going to sound terrible but my hubby has just pointed out that she is more than capable of calling a false alarm to get the number, getting into the flat, ferreting out his spare key and taking a copy. We would then have to replace the lock again..... However, it s...
Hi all, Does anyone have any advice for us? We live 30 miles from hubby's mum and brother. His brother has chronic schizophrenia with anxiety and depression. She keeps letting herself into his flat and going through his stuff, throwing stuff out and reading his mail when he is not in. She has a key....
Hi all, I have just joined but am not sure whether this is the right place. My hubby and I live some 30 miles from his elderly Mum (87) and younger brother (59) and although we are not official carers we end up sorting both of them out constantly. She was widowed 37 years ago and is independent and ...