[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you for your response Melly1. She does find CBT and mindfulness helpful but at the moment I don't know if it's quite enough. She's also going to review her medication with a psychiatrist to see if that needs altering. I do think she would be committed to engage fully with hypnotherapy but it's...
Hi, My sister has Bipolar Disorder and has recently been very low and anxious. It is mainly triggered by her studies at university as within many other areas of her life she is doing okay but when it comes to trying to get on with her studies she quickly becomes significantly unwell. She has been lo...
Thank you bowling bun I'll have a look into the carers assessment and start thinking about making a list of the things I do. Thank you for your response Jenny, My sister has Bipolar which is sometimes very well managed but recently she's been starting to deteriorate which is what she has needed help...
Thank you for responding. They've both been assessed for PIP if that's what you mean? I don't think I'd qualify for a carers assessment because I'm not considered sole carer for anyone? But my dad has had one. I want all of that. I'll be finishing my training for my career soon so will be starting t...
Hi, I have caring responsibilities for my mum and sister who both suffer with serious mental illnesses. This Christmas period has been extremely difficult for our family and I'm struggling to cope with the mixture of emotions I'm feeling. My mum has been ill for nearly 2 years now but my sister's co...
Sorry the new site layout had me confused as to how to reply for a while which explains my delay. Thank you for your words about my dad with regards to his 'projects'. I think you are probably right that it is his way of coping which would actually make sense because I do often think I don't know ho...
Thank you all so much for your responses. With regards to my mum's depression, it was triggered from being treated for breast cancer over a year ago now. In that time she has had two hospital admissions and we've built up trusting relationships with a couple of mental health professionals and she is...
I'm wondering if anyone could help me. My dad has the very difficult task of building up my mum's independence since she has been suffering from severe anxiety and depression. He's my mum's sole carer and has been now for about 4 months. He started off really well and we've seen some great leaps in ...
Thank you all for your helpful responses :) We have been in contact with her Oncologist about this a few months ago but I'm thinking it might be time to get back in touch with them now as I'm sure there are more changes that can be made, even if it is just to the amount of the hormone therapy she is...
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Me and my family have been caring for my mum for about a year now due to her severe depression and anxiety. My mum has been on hormone tablets as a preventative measure after being treated for breast cancer last year. She started off on Letrozole but then was...