[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
My husband died in a care home during the first lockdown. His death was not covid related but due to the lockdown I only had minimal visits with him right at the very end of his life. This continues to be a real problem for me as I feel I cannot process his death. I do not feel I have the full story...
My husband died in lockdown. He was in a home. I didn't see him for 3 months. Suddenly they realised he was at end of life and asked me to go. My final visits with him were very limited and desperately sad. I can't believe he is gone. I am angry they didn't call me sooner. It's too late for me and h...
Sorry to hear you had such an upsetting day. It's difficult to know when it will ever be safe, but it's detrimental for residents to lose their visits. I feel almost afraid of what I will find when I see my husband again. Hopefully most residents will bounce back when visits resume.
I agree, Penny. My husband's home won't allow it either. Surely they have to find some way to facilitate visits soon. My husband is mobile but extremely confused, so social distance would be difficult even if we were allowed a garden visit. He is likely to approach me or any other visitors. We need ...
You are right that their sense of time is different from ours. This lockdown seems endless to me but maybe he does not experience it in the same way. It's just so overwhelmingly sad that we are losing so much time together, in what may well be the last months of his life. There are many others in th...
I haven't seen my husband for ten weeks now. At the start I was getting video calls but this has stopped because it unsettled him. He cannot understand what is going on. He constantly asks when I am going to visit but cannot retain whatever he is told. He is deteriorating and I should be with him. T...
I mostly feel torn and tearful walking away from the home where my own husband is. Not so bad if we've had a nice visit, but my husband quite argumentative and resentful today. If he's out of sorts, then so am I. We just have to hope for another of the better days soon. x
Hi Pet66. I've been on the journey about a year now. Many things you (and others) have mentioned in this thread are familiar to me too. The aching grief and loss. Witnessing my husband's decline bit by bit. Debating with myself over how often to visit and for how long. The guilt if I'm having a free...
Hello all and thanks for your replies. Pet66, I have started to read your topic New To Dementia Journey, and find many of your experiences similar to my own. I will reply more fully on there when I reach the end of that thread. Mornings are very hard. I wake up shaking with anxiety. I'm still on a l...
Trying hard to adjust to life since my husband went into a nursing home 6 months ago. He had a stroke, and soon after developed vascular dementia. Miss him terribly, and miss the life we had together. Also my parents are becoming frailer and a big worry to me. Struggling to cope with my job while go...