Thank you Jenny and BB for your helpful inputs. Mum has been on a very low dose of an antipsychotic for her anxiety for quite a while now. I will certainly enquire about whether, if and when appropriate, a mild tranquilliser might be added in. I met with the social worker and senior nurse yesterday ...
Hello Jenny, Thank you for posting and reassuring! Yes, it is true mum seems to have a degree of inertia or 'defeatist stance' when she finds herself wet. I think this is possibly because it so overwhelmingly goes against the grain of her OCD (which was always cleanliness related) that as a result, ...
Hello Dancedintherain and bowlingbun, Thank you - it does help knowing that this situation is not uncommon! Yes mum is in a residential/nursing home; I do have POA and she has had a financial assessment. I feel sad thinking of mum lying wet in her bed or chair for hours on end through her own choice...
Hi Jenny, Thank you very much for posting. Unfortunately it looks like you are right. The GP came to see mum yesterday and asked her capacity questions including did she understand what could happen if she didn't wash. Of course she knew the answer off pat because I have repeatedly explained to her ...
Hi Melly1, Sorry I should have explained, yes I have got mum branded incontinence pads thanks - the problem arises when this leaks and her clothing/ bedding/ chair become wet. I have made further progress today, I spoke to a helpful senior nurse at the home who said I need to arrange a 'meeting of b...
My elderly mum who has very long standing anxiety, depression and OCD and is now in a care home, has recently become urine incontinent. She is now refusing to be washed or changed when she has wet herself. The care home tell me they cannot force her to do anything, resulting in her sitting/lying in ...