My mum had some mini strokes, and with each one she never quite got back to how she was previously. She gradually lost her sight, her hearing, got her words hopelessly muddled up at times, and worst of all, couldn't remember the names of the flowers I took from her own garden. Her garden was mum's ...
Hi Daffy, Here is a rough introduction to what ought to happen now, a Rough Guide. It would be best to talk over your concerns about mum's mental state with her GP, rather than Social Services. Do you think she is developing dementia...or? Social Services should be doing a NEEDS Assessment, to see ...
Thank you for the replies and the useful links, especially the link on assessments. I’ll have a good read over the weekend. I do get carers allowance. At the moment I don’t think my mothers mental health is stable, perhaps it would be worth getting her a mental health review before getting a needs a...
I’ve been a carer for 23 years and I have no support. Mum gets DLA middle rate and low rate. I now due to severe abuse from her feel that I need to do much less for her. I’m aware of direct payments, does this replace DLA? Does a needs assessment for her mean that she pays for services from her DLA?...
Re:fixing Social Care system. They suggest x is introduced in x years from now and then when it gets close to the date they will scrap it.
I suggest you go to the CAB, as they can often work out all that you can claim. There also can sometimes get you some help with outstanding bills for instance electricity.
Lauren, tell us about more about yourself, your parents and grandparents. I'm not surprised you are feeling like this, THREE people to care for in the same house is far too much for any one person. We should be able to help you sort this out to make some "Me" time. How old are they? What is wrong w...
Make it clear your terms and conditions. You could also advertise your skills on a local Facebook page. I don’t believe you should be a servant to everyone. In your position I would only accept it if I was paid well.
Just tell them that your life is standing still because of your caring role. This standing still is bad enough for someone in their 40's 50's or 60's let alone someone who is 24!
Have your family had a carers assessment? If your are carer for your sister are you claiming carers allowance?