[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I suggest you have a word with a Continence Nurse. She may advise self-catheterisation for your wife. It is so convenient - she could go in any disabled loo then. You can get different kinds of catheters - your Conintence Nurse would advise on the best sort.
<t>You're welcome Linda2 - I hope you get on OK. If you have one you will have an assessment (or two - I had two assessments) to decide which is the best way to deal with your intrustive thoughts (preferably without medication).<br/> <br/> Intrusive thoughts can be very obsessive and distressing, so...
<t>I was called up about 13 year ago and I told them my husband was disabled with spina bifida and I was exempted. Keep on trying. You might need to be a little more assertive and tell them you will have to claim expenses for full-time carer if you do have to go and tell them the cost - that might m...
If you're struggling with mental health issues and low mood, you might like to have a look at this site: http://www.llttf.com/index.php?section=page&page_seq=13 - I think at a basic level it is free and there is no subscription and it is something you can do from the comfort of your own home at your...
You're welcome Jane - it's good to know that people with depression have the option to side-step going to the Drs for referral to a mental health team. There is also an on-line CBT course as well which can help - http://www.llttf.com/index.php?section=page&page_seq=13 - I think it's free to do at it...
The NHS Trust in the County where I live has produced a personal guide to "The 5 ways of wellbeing" and some members on this forum might find it helpful - here is the PDF:

http://www.devonpartnership.nhs.uk/file ... ersion.pdf
<t>My mental health issues started back in August 2010 and I saw my Dr in November after four months of battling with it alone. She referred me for some Talking Therapy - which helped somewhat (I had five sessions over six months). She didn't give any meds (which I was grateful for) and I was please...
I am a Carer for my disabled husband and I have recently been suffering with depression and while I have got through it without medication, I did attend a seven-week course where I live which was a "Self Management Course" for people living with depression. On the course they gave us various tools t...
I should say, I actually help my husband do this daily as he finds it difficult to get the anal catheter in (he is slightly overweight and he just finds it hard to do), but most people who use this can do it by themselves.
Not a pleasant subject, but anal irrigation has transformed my husband's life. Before he started using it about 18 months ago he had many embarrassing accidents - both at night in bed, or during sex, or often just in his incontinence pad (which meant he smelled) during the day or out in public. An i...