[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi,<br/> <br/> What a long winded procedure. I agree with sturdygirl and tracie. Speak to practice manager. I too filled out a form stating I was Dads carer and he signed it as well which does mean you can discuss any health issues regarding them. You will also be entitled to a flu jab each year ...
<t>Hi Jenny,<br/> <br/> I have access to dads bank account and have had for about 5 years. We both went to his bank which was also mine, had a chat with the advisor and then signed some forms. We mainly did it because he and mum were elderly and if they had any problems with banking then I would be ...
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for advice. Will go ahead and arrange POA. Seems really sensible idea.

Thanks tracie, didn't realise there were 2 seperate POAs. Makes sense though.

Thank you all once again.
<t>Thanks, Jenny<br/> <br/> You and Bowlingbun have put my mind at rest. The other thing was when they got Dad out of bath, they didn't lift him but went and got this compression cushion thing and pumped Dad up the bath with that. It was similiar to Dads bath lift. They said they don't lift people a...
Hi Bowlingbun,

Thanks for that. I will look into applying for POA.

I agree, paramedics were appalling but will dial 999 again if I have to. Just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing.

Thanks again.

X
<t>Oops sorry, posted this in wrong area.<br/> <br/> <br/> Hi everyone, Happy New Year to you all<br/> <br/> Haven't been here for ages. Things have been difficult.<br/> <br/> Is it a good idea to have power of attorney for my 91 year old father. He's mentally alert, but very frail. At the moment I ...
<t>Oops sorry, posted this in wrong area.<br/> <br/> <br/> Hi everyone, Happy New Year to you all<br/> <br/> Haven't been here for ages. Things have been difficult.<br/> <br/> Is it a good idea to have power of attorney for my 91 year old father. He's mentally alert, but very frail. At the moment I ...
Many returns of the day. Have a good un.

XXX
Happy belated birthday Myrtle. Hope you had a good day. XXX
Hi Rosemary,

In 2006 Mum and Dad prepaid for their funerals and when Mum died last December, it made life easier. I just phoned the funeral people, a lovely man came out to see us and all we had to do was choose flowers and hymns. At such a sad and stressful time it certainly helped.