[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Evening is there any advice please? I care for my mother who has dementia, recently the most repeated conversation is about 'missing a family birthday' namely my sisters. although I have repeatedly reassured her that this is not the case; the conversation goes round and round umpteen times daily; it...
Hi Pat I've just read the other comments I care for my mum who has Dementia and the urge to get up and go is totally common. Your not alone ; as others have suggested check with AGe UK to see if there is a help group near you or if they can put you in touch with a sitting srvice so you can go out. E...
I used to think I was alone until I found this wondedrful forum. I've been looking after mum for close on a year now & juggling caring for her with a full time job. There is the me that copes with anything & keeps a face to theworld that I want them to see then there is the me that sits down late at...
<t>Wish I had read this earlier in the week<br/> <br/> Simple things like lunch out by myself somewhere I can also sit & watch the world go by<br/> <br/> sunset -live in East Anglia so BIG skies glorious colours<br/> <br/> 30 minutes brisk walk with the MP3 is use to keep a steady pace<br/> <br/...
Like the heat BUT I work and care for mother -anyone any tips? Mum not sleeping well due tothe heat so subsequently I get a bad night then have to go into work as well.

I ensure we both get plenty of fluids in various forms and am now looking forward to the weekend.

thanks
Hi

I just looked -this is wonderful its so NICE!
many thanks
Kaz
<t>Hi<br/> <br/> Like you I accept I am now a carer.<br/> Forms seem to make the world go round and also exist to make life complicated.<br/> I can't claim any allowance as I work as well as care. I can sympathise with the attitude you get from various official bodies.<br/> <br/> Just don't give in!...
<t>No your not -your'e human with everything we do its only a normal reaction. I look after my mum - who has various issues plus I still work for a living. I know its tough -this is all do with what technically is called/referred to as a work/life balance. Mum can drive me crazy the amount of times ...
I'm new as well, I look after my mum who has various issues including memory especially short term, arthritis (both types) and other problems. Some days I cope fine others I just want to make it all stop. I also hold down a full time job so time management is a priority. I NEVER wanted this - I help...