[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Sarah, I have taught children with similar needs to your son and I'm still in touch with a few of their parents. (I also care for S who has autism (he is very autistic but is able to to use a communication aid and has a moderate learning disability.) Many day centres are not very autism-friendly...
Hi, all im pretty new to all this ( forums not asd lol ) not sure what i need really... friends, a good vent,a year of sleep? lol My son is 19 and ( as the title says) on the lower end of the spectrum, he has no communication , non verbal, doesn't understand pecs, double incont and basically needs 1...
bowlingbun wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:33 am
I understand completely, many of my friends have been caught in the same trap.
What sort of work would you like to do in future?
i have no idea, i have no training in anything and its been so long ive worked
Sarah, is your son going to school or college at the moment? Have Education or Social Services talked to you about residential colleges? Have you spoken to your GP? A young man of that age can be very strong. No hes just in a day center now he doesnt have the learning capacity for any more educatio...
Hi. I'm hoping I can get some advice or just an understanding ear . My son is 19 severely autistic non verbal has very limited understanding . I'm a single mum and have 2 younger sons 15 and 12 . I'm seriously considering looking for a full time placement for him . He attacked me a few days ago and ...
we have been together for 8 yr married for 5 i love her very much and we dont have any issues apart from her health which she obviously cant help, she has bouts of being extremely depressed ( her bpd) and she has a million other health issues which add to her problems,she is fine with the kids, i th...
Hi all, this is my first post and my first rant to ANYONE about my other half, i know its not her fault but i just feel like screaming today. I have 3 kids and my eldest is 14 and serverley Autistic, he has been in respite this week which is a blessing, but typically the wife is now having a bad tim...