[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
It's really sad to read continually about your experiences in the hospitals and nursing homes in this 21st century. I am sure that many others who have not written in can also share similar stories. My concern is that your experiences stay on these pages and you may be no nearer to receiving better ...
Hello David, As Jenny says, stay with the forum at least for the support and that you know you're not alone with these complicated caring issues. MS sufferers have 'good' and 'bad' days. Are you able to discuss things in a more positive way on a 'good' day? As you say, it can't be easy for your estr...
Hello Angela, sorry to hear about your mum's nighttime wandering. As the other replies have stated this is a common problem among people with dementia. Sometimes radical approaches work, such as conforming to your mum's routine as she is unaware of day or night and the usual clues are not recognised...
Hello Lily, just a thought regarding relief for your mum's pain and relief for you from worrying about her: maybe the doctor can prescribe pain patches? They can be a low dose administering pain relief on a weekly basis and increased if needed.They will be placed on an area of skin usually on the ba...
Hello Clifford, how have you coped all these years? You are a credit to your family with your love, devotion and determination to stick by them through the rough times. I hope there were good times as well.But it has been to the detriment of your own health, mental and physical, to which no-one seem...
The other upside to trying cheap hearing aids first is that they can get misplaced or lost and replacing them could be expensive. It is worthwhile checking that when they are not in the person's ears, they are in their box and the box itself is in a safe place.
Hello Pam, Welcome to the Forum and thank you for voicing your concerns. It is better to speak up rather than feeling you are supposed to go it alone just because you are a daughter. I can only suggest that your father's denial may be because he feels himself to blame or in some way responsible for ...
Hello Sophie, I can imagine the sleepless nights and the thoughts going round and round in your head about what to do next and what to do for the best. Please remember that both those concerns should be about you, as well as your mum. I agree with Jenny Lucas regarding the possibility of respite for...
Hello, I'm new to the Forum but this is a subject very close to my heart.I have been quietly campaigning for years for carers health to be taken seriously. The focus is usually on the cared for to the detriment of the tired, almost exhausted, unseen, unpaid and un-looked after carer. With dementia e...
A search will reveal several reports , on this site , and external ones , dealing with malnutrition issues , but almost all focus on the caree and not the carer. Last report by the Voice was in 2012 , anyone aware of any subsequent reports looking into this same problem , but with carers themselves...