I just rang up my local CCG and asked for an assessment for my dad as he has vascular dementia. They told me I need to contact a social worker or GP. He doesn't have a social worker as I do all his caring at the moment as he has over 23k. In the past they have always played hard ball and was never i...
Lifeline smoke alarm - I don't know if that would be suitable as if he was called up he probably wouldn't press any buttons or talk clearly. Sitting in chair with sensors - again probably not suitable as it would require someone to position him. I was full time work up to Jan 2017, but was coming ba...
He doesn't qualify for Council help. He has assets over 23K. Council dismissed his trust set up at same time as diagnosis because of terms not timing. I didn't challenge. I doubt he would qualify for continuing care even now judging by check list. We had "Council" carers in when he came out of hospi...
I am my dad's full timr carer. He has vascular dementia. He can't walk or raise the alarm in an emergency. He is not bed ridden but leaving him in a chair could be problematic as he can't position himself. Should he be left alone at all? Is going to shops briefly acceptable? A walk around the block ...
My dad was in hospital with sepsis for 3 weeks. He has dementia. Not bed bound. We were under the impression he was going to receive reablement. The nhs discharge manager said it was free, the council said they had secured funding and the care provider said it was reablement. If I knew we were going...
I am struggling to get this to work! Is it meant to level or higher at one end? There is a groove at the back? No matter how far back I put my Dad on the seat his bits don't fit in the hole!!!!
My Dad is progressively losing the ability to walk. Last year he could still walk up to 3 miles, recently it has only been a lap of a football pitch be and I have noticed his balance is also starting to go, even more so in the last few days. So now I am struggling to get him to stand so he can to th...
As yet I haven't been able to get the pads or slips to work so he never wakes up in a pool of pee. I make sure he has a pee before he goes to bed and that he doesn't drink too much immediately before bed. The pads never seem to be in place when I check on him in the morning and he tends to pluck the...
I have taken a career break from my job for six months from Jan 2017. I claim carers allowance and income support. My Dad has dementia and receives the upper attendence allowance. When I claimed income support I asked do I need to look for work even though I still have a job to go back to, although ...