[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you both - the one concern I have is that if I stop the carers, social services will think we can cope and therefore withdraw the service in the long run. Therefore, may be best to stick with it, and just be assertive with the care workers re PPE?
Hello all, I am in a right quandary about knowing what to do for the best. My father is receiving home care services, 30 minutes per day, whereby two care workers come in and attend to personal care. Obviously undertaking personal care on an individual has to involve very close contact. Whilst we ha...
Thanks for all the replies.

It is not in my nature not to help my father at his time of greatest need. I am quite prepared to be up some of the time in the nights, but just wondered how others might be coping/have coped previously.
Thank you for replying once again Bowlingbun. I wonder if you wouldn't mind kindly letting me know what the purpose would be of asking for a subject access request? Would it be about me (the representative of the service user) or the service user (my father)? This is all new territory for me, so gra...
I think my father has rapid onset of dementia (?) He is very forgetful in the present moment now. His sleeping pattern is disturbed. He largely sleeps between 11am and 6pm and then becomes 'active' between 6pm and 10pm when he settles into bed, and then he is increasingly 'active' and unsettled duri...
My father is terminally ill and has been prescribed some tablets to help him sleep. He sleeps in a hospital-style bed at home. Each night he takes his sleeping pill about 9pm, and often tells me he is afraid to go to sleep in case he will not wake up. I can understand his fear, but I do not know how...
Has anyone ever come across the situation where the person that they care for (adult) leans significantly to one side when they are sitting or standing? Other than using cushions or pillows to stabilise them and make them sit up a little straighter, are there any aids/OT aids etc that could be used ...
Thank you Rosemary and Bowlingbun. I have enquired with the care agency as to why they are pulling out - in fact several times - but they have failed to answer this specific question. I have now taken it up as a formal complaint with the Local Authority/Social Services. Isn't it such a shame that we...
Thanks once more Chris. I no longer wish to complaint about the incidents - as that has been resolved. I now need to know where to go next as I am not happy about the service being pulled. I wanted to work with this care agency to help get an improved service for my father. As a carer of 10 years, b...
My father's package of care has been pulled by the care agency as a result of raising concerns about the quality and standards of his care package. The matters I raised were upheld. I will not go into them here. However, immediately after Christmas, we received notification from social services that...