[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Definitely worth going to the tribunal. I was on a part time, mature students Honours degree course, in Business Studies. i kept my CA throughout, college attendance one day a week. Too long ago to remember the exact details I'm afraid. Don't be afraid of the Tribunal, held formally, but no employe...
Hi Robin, I've been involved with lots of tribunals. Only one case rejected, for good reason. Can you tell us what your correspondence so far from the CA Unit gives as the reason for rejecting your claim? I am a mature university student re-taking my first year as a 'year without residency'. I have...
I am in the process of appealing a decision regarding my entitlement to carers allowance and now face the dreaded tribunal. I am working hard to accumulate as much information as possible and wondered if anyone here had any experience with tribunals, any advice regarding facing them, and whether any...
I could not agree more. Carers are increasingly becoming discriminated against in almost all forms of support and it has to stop. We receive less in benefits than those seeking employment yet we work well beyond the 35 hours (who came up with that number?!) a week that the government seems to think ...
Thank you, Chris, I think this is a very important issue and, like you, I am stunned no one has challenged this openly up to this point. The Decision Maker from the carers unit informed me that others were making similar appeals to me, which leads me to believe that others have tried and failed in t...
Many thanks for the welcome :)

I am posting in the relevant section of the forum about the problems I am having with claiming carers allowance - needless to say its quite stressful!
Interesting reading as I have just received my letter today from DWP detailing how I can go about making an appeal. My carers allowance has been refused as I am trying to re-educate myself at the age of 40 and get back into employment with some prospects above supermarket janitor. I am actually reta...
Hi, I'm Rob I suppose I have been caring for my partner since I met her 8 years ago, though I didn't see it as that back then. We have some fantastic moments but her Borderline Personality Disorder also means we share some crashing lows. I'm here, not to compare, but to share and perhaps find a litt...