[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts, it really does mean a lot at this most difficult time.
Mum passed away yesterday. I tried to get her back home, but the social services took over 2 weeks just to appoint someone to Mum. I knew she would decline rapidly in the care home, but no one would listen to me. She must have felt abandoned and alone, her heart and spirit broken. I'm sure Mum would...
What does mum want? Maybe you should ask Social Services to arrange and independent advocate? It could be considered Deprivation of Liberty. Can I ask who owns the house? Do you sisters think they can sell up and split the proceeds if mum goes into the home?! Thank you for your advice. Mum says she...
Thank you for your support Jenny. I saw Mum today and she told me she would prefer to come back home. She said she was concerned that I might not be able to manage, which sounds like Julie is putting negative ideas into her head. I'm waiting to hear back from Social Services and Citizen's Advice, be...
Thank you for your replies and advice. To answer your question, Mum owns the house. I've been reading up on possible care options, and it's my opinion that residential care would not be enough, and that Mum may require nursing care, which could be either in a nursing home, or preferably in her own h...
I Live with my 83 year old Mum in her own house and have been looking after her for two years now, as a full time carer. I do almost everything for Mum as she can no longer do anything for herself. The only thing I don't provide is personal care, for which we have a carer come in from an agency, eve...
Many thanks to all that have replied to my message, and I have taken on board all your helpful suggestions. I would reply individually, but I can't see how to do that! ....still finding my way around :)
Hi there, I would suggest you see your own GP and tell them everything you've just said here. At the very least, it's a good place to start and I'm sure they will be able to offer some help and good advice....maybe worth a try?
Regards, Phill
Hi Diane, my name's Phill and I just joined 'carersuk' today. I'm a full-time carer to my mum who has dementia and is dependent on me. I think I have some idea of how you feel, it's simply impossible to have a social life and I often feel completely isolated and trapped in this tiny bubble. Do you u...
No answer on the phone, so I'll try again tomorrow.