I really appreciate all the replies so far thank you very much, and welcome any further support. They are more helpful than I could have even expected, as I was kind of expecting to get told to do more, or be more unselfish. She does do voluntary work so that is a plus, but seems unable to get paid ...
<t>Thank you for replying, I gave up reading the forum due to lack of anyone responding so I've only just found your reply. If anyone else feels like offering any suggestions rather than just reading and moving on this would be appreciated. <br/> She is in supported accommodation with some supervisi...
She does need support from a mental health team, u cannot do it all yourself. You may also need some one to one support, it's very hard to deal with having your Mum take overdoses. I do hope she finds some peace of mind and her way out of how she feels.
<t>I'm caring for a young woman with schizophrenia whose family by and large don't bother with her, and live in other countries. She says I'm all she has and I support her by phone and practical or financial help as best I can. She visits about once a week but thanks to the health authorities (playi...