[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi, It can be very 'wearing' when they behave like this. My Mum now lives with me, she has vascular dementia. She is not too bad at the moment, but things will get worse at some point. She has always been a 'glass half empty' person and some days I either ignore it, or just go and sit in another roo...
Hi, I am glad it has helped even if a little xx It is hard to read, but I think it helps to arm yourself with as much knowledge as possible. You suddenly find yourself thrown in to a situation where you need to be very 'adult' and it is scary and upsetting. Try to look after yourself too at this wor...
Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your sad situation. I went through a similar thing with my Dad last year. I found this page [link supplied] to be very helpful in explaining what was happening through the stages. There is a paragraph that talks about dementia and spoon feeding/nutrients etc. I hope it...
Hi, Definitely do POA soon for your Mum. You can download the forms and do it yourselves. It is so much easier in the long run to be able to manage their finances, their health and access to GP to discuss things with them, and if needed property sales in the future etc etc etc. I had to do it for bo...
Justin, You cannot carry on as you are as you will get ill yourself. Unfortunately as experienced by many others on here, some elderly people become very selfish and just don't realise the effect that their demands have on those around them. I think their 'self preservation' mode becomes really stro...
Anna,
Have you seen the amazing toilets that can wash and dry as well? I used to look after a man with CP and he had one. It may be worth trying to get one installed to help?
Alan, I am very sorry for your loss. I think as others have said that in time you will come to see that your wife had a peaceful death, tucked up in her own bed, in her own home. You will indeed feel a real tiredness in the weeks to come as there is so much to focus on and get done in the immediate ...
Thinking of you Linda at this sad time, not much more to say except that I hope your Dad is kept comfortable. Don't be afraid to ask anyone for any extra pain relief if you think your Dad needs it Try to take care of yourself too xx
Hi Linda,

Yes, it is nothing to do with assets at this stage. He needs 'healthcare' so the NHS should pay for it to make sure his time is comfortable.
Hi Linda,

I forgot to add as the other 2 posters have said that you need to ask the Dr to make a 48hr 'Fast Track' CHC decision. It can all happen very quickly and in my experience I think that even some of the Dr's are unsure of the procedure.