[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Anna,
Have you seen the amazing toilets that can wash and dry as well? I used to look after a man with CP and he had one. It may be worth trying to get one installed to help?
Alan, I am very sorry for your loss. I think as others have said that in time you will come to see that your wife had a peaceful death, tucked up in her own bed, in her own home. You will indeed feel a real tiredness in the weeks to come as there is so much to focus on and get done in the immediate ...
Thinking of you Linda at this sad time, not much more to say except that I hope your Dad is kept comfortable. Don't be afraid to ask anyone for any extra pain relief if you think your Dad needs it Try to take care of yourself too xx
Hi Linda,

Yes, it is nothing to do with assets at this stage. He needs 'healthcare' so the NHS should pay for it to make sure his time is comfortable.
Hi Linda,

I forgot to add as the other 2 posters have said that you need to ask the Dr to make a 48hr 'Fast Track' CHC decision. It can all happen very quickly and in my experience I think that even some of the Dr's are unsure of the procedure.
Hi Linda, Sorry to hear about your situation. My Dad was in hospital and we knew he was near the end 8 weeks ago. You need to ask to see someone from the 'integrated discharge team' as soon as possible and they will arrange to get your Dad to the most comfortable place for his needs. Also ask to spe...
Hi Stephen, You are a wonderful son to your father and although very tiring, you will never regret or forget the time that you are spending 'right now' with your father. You are allowing him to go in peace knowing you are there for him to the very end. My Dad died 6 weeks ago. He managed to get his ...
I had a phone call today to ask me how I found the services of the funeral home we used, 2 weeks ago. The girl on the phone was pleasant enough, but it was all so insincere. She was obviously from some call centre or main branch and it took me by surprise. She asked if I would leave a review of my '...
Hello Janet, My Dad was in a nursing home and he frequently had his drinks placed out of reach when someone had taken his meal tray away. It is such a simple thing to do, just put the squash cup/jug back in place, but 90% of the time I would go in and Dad was thirsty with them left over the other si...
My Dad passed away last night. I was with him when he took his last breaths and it was peaceful for him and I was talking to him and telling him I loved him right up until the end. I am so grateful that I got to do that. He had been in hospital for 3 weeks following his 9th bout of pneumonia, and th...