<t>Hi Gordie<br/> I have taken this up with my MP and he has agreed with me that there is an anomalie there. He has sent it on to a higher authority for me. I e-mailed to thank him and said I hoped this didn't mean that they took it at the higher rate for everyone, including the carer side, as a lot...
I was advised to apply for this under the disregard rule. On looking into this I discovered that my son would be disregarded because he has a 'lifelong mental impairment' and is receiving either the middle or high rate of care component of DLA (he receives middle rate). I would be disregarded as his...
Thank you Paula - I see you are from Yorkshire. I was brought up in North Yorkshire on the edge of the dales until I got married and moved away. Lovely county!
Thanks Tony - pleasure to meet you too! Image
Thank you Alison
Good to meet you. Image
Have a think about the advocacy service.They can explain things more fully.
Certainly will - thanks again.
Rosemary - thank you so much for your reply and the welcome! It really is quite worrying isn't it? You go along for 18/19 years making all the decisions and then all of a sudden, because they are now an adult, you begin to wonder where you stand. I will certainly check out the links you kindly poste...
i hope I am posting in the correct forum - I expect the mods will move this if I am not! I have been trying to get to grips with the Mental Capacity Act and how it may affect our situation. I was sent some info from the NAS but it didn't really apply to my query, so I thought I would try you clever ...
<t>Hello everyone<br/> I have just joined the forum and hope to learn and help as i go along. I am mum to Ian, who is 24 and autistic. He lives at home with me and his dad and attends the local college three days a week, as well as two days a week at a centre for adults with learning difficulties wh...