[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I've contacted the Carers Advice by email so hopefully they can point me in the right direction. I'm also going to type a letter and get it signed by her if possible. If all else fails then its going to be a case of trying to get her to on the phone to them but with her being practically deaf 'm not...
Thank you both of you....

I think I will have a crack at both ways...

Npower have now said that they will accept a letter from the nursing home stating that I'm her appointee so at least that is one step in the right direction.
I'm trying to lower the payments for utility bills on my nans house, she has been in a nursing home since May and prior to this a good 12 weeks in hospital. She is currently paying £50 a month to British gas and £17 to Npower for an empty house... My problem is that I don't have POA for her finances...
Hi, Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice on how to appeal a continuing health assessment decision? The Social Worker has already supported me and objected to the decision stating her reasons that my nan needs nursing care rather than residential as well as the nursing team that are caring f...
That thought has crossed my mind to be honest.... She's agreed to go into respite 3 times and hated it! If she does change her mind I'm aware that she has a 12 week cooling off period, they can't say that she hasn't got the capacity as they know I have POA. (Think the problem is the 'powers that be'...
No I haven't had any involvement with anything as yet they just rang me and said that they were sending her into 24 hour care. It was only when I finally lost my temper and told them she wasn't going anywhere until someone had discussed things with me. It took me 3 attempts just to speak to the OT b...
Just after a bit of advice with regards to POA (Health & Welfare). Last April, my nan had a 2 week Mental Capacity Assessment by the OT. I was invited in for a Best of Interest Meeting, where they deemed her unable to have the capacity to make her own decisions (they wanted her to be in 24 hour care...
Putting the OT aside for the moment, what reasons are the hospital giving for saying she cannot live in her own home with carer support? Just her age and how frail she is, she can't stand for any length of time without anyone supporting her, they are saying that she requires a 'double-handed' call....
OK, so are the hospital saying 'Nan has got capacity, and we are going to go on and on at her until she gives in and agrees to do what she doesn't want to do, which is go into 24 hour care?' Absolutely spot on! She's already becoming undecided over the last 24 hours. The hospital are trying to arra...
Thank you for your comments. My nan doesn't want to go into 24 hour care she's very old and immobile having 6 carers a day (2 of which are provided privately) that literally do everything for her . The hospital are saying she has to, I'm doing my best to give her want she wants and that's to remain ...