[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Sally Thanks so much. I contacted iapt last August but I had nowhere to be private on phone, I said I'd walk round the park and talk! But they wouldn't do it. I will ring today. I should be able to see them I bet now. Thanks. Ok I'll ring about carers assessment too. I talked to him a bit yester...
Hello and welcome. I care for my Mum who has dementia and prior to that my Dad who had a neurological condition. Lockdown has been really hard. Let's hope that things can get better as things open up.
Really sorry to hear that you are struggling. Did you arrange respite care through social services? If so it is worth telling them that you and your Mum are unable to cope at home without additional support. What would your Mum like to happen? Would she prefer he stay in a care home or would she lik...
Sounds like a really stressful situation, and it is sad that your brother had to reach breaking point. I think there are many carers on here who have reached rock bottom, myself included. It is impossible for one person to care 24/7 and eventually something has to give. I really hope the situation c...
Hey So sorry to hear about your son. It must be so hard. If you can't get your son to accept help how about seeking help for yourself? I have just self-referred to NHS talking therapies to try and help me cope better with my caring role. Why not google if this is available in your area or ask you GP...
Welcome to the form. I am sorry you found yourself here. I am in my mid 40s and have been a carer for 10 years or so. I found the forum when I was a breaking point with caring and it had taken over my life. Both parents were unwell and I had a very young family. Advice I found here truly saved me! M...
It is so hard, the system is totally broken. I am so sorry to hear about your battles. I often found the battling to get help for my Dad the straw that broke the camels back in the whole situation. It is hard to find the energy to fight when day-to-day is so hard. So often it is the carer reaching c...
Hi and welcome. I am sorry that you find yourself here, it sounds like you have had a tough ride. There are lots of people here who care for partners and know exactly what you are going through. I've been a carer for parents for around 10 years, my Dad who had complex needs died 2 years ago, so it i...
What a tough situation. I so sorry to hear that. My circumstances are different, I care for elderly parents. But I hugely sympathise as my Mum was left caring for an ungrateful and bullying husband. He is now dead, and she has Alzheimer's disease, which I largely blame on the burden of caring. Pleas...
Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to reply. In answer to your questions. Mum is 80 She is exempt from Council Tax and claims higher level Attendance Allowance My sister and I have joint POA for finance and health and welfare She has 2 children myself an my sister She has a will which divides...