[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Feeling sympathy. My Dad wasn't a particularly good one and I resented the burden that care for him put on my family. He died over a year ago and I still struggle with the feelings of resentment. And I wasn't a live in carer, so I did have an escape. Please don't feel guilty expressing these feeling...
I think you really need to stop going if your husband has been told to self isolate. My immediate family is fit and healthy so I am still visiting my Mum who has dementia as she doesn't eat if someone doesn't cook for her. However, if she could prepare meals I wouldn't be going. I think really think...
I am so sorry to hear that. it must be so, so hard for you both. Is your friend conscious? Would you be able to call him? Or maybe write a letter for nurses to read? I know, not really a substitute for being there in person. but might give you both some comfort. Also just feel tremendously proud of ...
Hey Allie Sorry to hear about your situation and that you are feeling lonely. Is your daughter getting professional help with her MH problems? Do you manage to get any time for yourself? I care for my Mum, and until last year my Dad. Mum has Alzheimer's. I also have a young family. Work part time an...
I second going along with the crazy talk and then also try to distract from it if it is something upsetting like someone stealing. This works with my mum.

But agreed it is emotionally hard. There are days I deal with it better than others.
Hi Sue I used to feel like this. Someone here told me to replace the word guilt for sad. You are sad that Mum is elderly and less able than she was, but you are not guilty because it is not you who caused it, it is just the price your Mum has paid for living into a very old age. Not something you sh...
Hey AJ Sorry to hear you are having a tough time. When we needed emergency respite for my Dad we arranged it through social services, they had a list of all the homes with respite beds which was helpful. They also paid for some of the care (not all as we were self funding, but we were entitled to a ...
Hey Jasmin

Nice to hear from you again. Absolute rubbish that you can't claim carers allowance. Carers allowance is a benefit for you not for mum and won't have any impact on your Mum's benefits. Please do phone or email the helpline.
They are absolute idiots for treating you this way given you sound an amazing employee and they are lucky to have you. Aside from the human element in treating you like this, in pure business terms they are mad. They risk you leaving altogether and then they are stuck with a vacancy which they will ...
Hi Sally Thanks for your reply. My son is currently at the stage of hearing voices and is not being well controlled on medication. Crisis team are seeing him daily and think it maybe a while until he is back to how he was. I tried to go back to work but unfortunately it was only for one day. I've o...