[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
So sorry to hear this. Can you tell us a bit more to see if we can help?

Do you live with your Mum? Could she go into emergency respite to give you a break for a couple of weeks? You may need to say you are at breaking point to access this as an emergency, but sounds like to me that you are?
Hey Evie it sounds tough. If you are caring 24/7 this is too much for one person. Particularly if your Mum has challenging behaviour. No one can care for another person around the clock for any length of time. Have you had a social services needs assessment recently? If needs have changed you should...
So sorry to hear this. Sadly I really don't think your situation is unusual. It doesn't seem unusual for people to find themselves after years of caring when the person they have cared for goes into care or dies. Can you give us a little more information and see if we can help? Where are you living ...
Kiwi - sending a big hug. Have a good wallow. You are absolutely entitled to as that is really rubbish. Then you put on your big-girl carer trousers on. Pull them right up and kick some social services butt. Don't hesitate to complain if you are not getting enough support. What do you need to be abl...
Please take advice above. No one should have to suffer from domestic abuse. Her illnesses are no excuse. You can more on from this. Making the decision that things have to change is the biggest battle. So well done for posting here.

Let us know how you get on. We are here to help.
If your Mum needs the support then something could perhaps be gained from her looking at how other people deal with caring and explore other options for your sister as she gets older. However, I would caution her adding to your post. The point of the forum is that you can vent confidentially. And th...
Hey Karl Really lovely to meet you. I juggle caring for elderly parents (just my Mum now as Dad died in Feb) and small children. I'll be honest it totally broke me and I didn't have them living with me. I gave up work, was a burnt out husk of the person I had been, was miserable and at times absolut...
Hey Really lovely to meet you. I am carer for my Mum and until recently my Dad. Dad had a rare neurological condition and died this year in a nursing home. Mum now has dementia. But lives at home with help. I also have 2 primary aged children and an insane dog who keep me busy. I work part time, and...
Thanks for all the kind replies guys. I dunno what I'm even feeling to be honest. I feel guilty for even saying any of these things like I'm in the wrong. Then again this whole opening up things is new to me. This is the first time I've properly done it. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive mum would...
Hi Tracey

Good for you. You've done the right thing even if it feels horrible. Your granddaughter comes first. She is only a child.

Sending you a big hug xx