Sill no conclusive answers to my original "am I a carer" question though... :-??? If you feel like a carer, you are probably a carer. You don't have to give to 24 hour a day care to make you a carer. It sounds as though she relies on you heavily. But how much of this is to keep you obediently at ho...
See if there is a local Help the Aged advisor to help fill in the form, or a disability advice service. They are there to help. Defintiely speak to Help the Aged (I think they re Age UK now, but not sure). They were really helpful and someone who can tell her what she is entitled to if she won't li...
Hey Just properly read your story properly and my heart bleeds for you. I see you have Asperger's. Please don't see this as a barrier to finding love and happiness yourself. I have a v good friend who is married with 2 lovely children and he has Asperger's. Just hearing of your lack of social like m...
You obviously care greatly for your family, but you also are entitled to your own life. Make plans to move out, but don't be secretive about it. In your 30s it is way past time you did so and is the normal order of things. Whilst it sounds as though your Mum will be upset, it is far better to be ope...
The horrible thing is, I know my Gran would try and do everything on her own if I wasn't the one around to help- that's when the guilt kicks in, personally. I couldn't bear the thought of something happening, knowing I could have been there to prevent it or at least help after it's happened (if tha...
As Dad has just died, I thought worth posting on this. My SIL used to work in a job centre and she said that you can get certified copies of the death certificate from Job Centre Plus? I don't have time to research if this is still the case, but will have a look when I get a chance!
Thank you all for your kind words. They really matter and help.. I have decided that I am going to write to Matt Hancock (Health Minister). But what to say? If I had managed to have a word with him I would have said: CHC is an embarrassing shambles and shamelessly unfair. What has happened to the Gr...
I just wanted to let you all know my Dad died yesterday. He had Huntington's Disease, a progressive neurological illness. He was 80, so a massively good innings for this horrible disease, his brother died in their 50s and 60s.. I wanted to thank you all for your help and support, as I was at rock bo...
Hi Sarah Bless you. you have so much on. I can relate to the feeling of everything being a hassle and needing chasing. Having that going on for both your kids AND Mum must be really hard. I found making a list of all things that needed doing and writing down dates and phone numbers of who to chase a...
Good for you! I'm so pleased you got this sorted. These situations make awful situations even harder. xx