I agree very much with Lars, you just have to let it go if it is their wish. However heartbroken he might be if he has to pay for care, it will be taken out of his hands if it comes to that. And hopefully he won't know too much about it if the time comes (and it might not). However, on the topic of ...
If I have read that correctly and it is your son that has passed away, I am so, so sorry. Please let this tragedy put your life in perspective and leave this controlling man. My Dad was a controlling bully, my Mum was controlled for 50 years of their married life and nursed him for 10 years with him...
I am absolutely sure too that he isn't manipulating you too. I am sure he can't help it and I'm sure he must be miserable too. But the effect is the same that you are both trapped in a horrible situation. I think totally understandable that you are frustrated. And I am putting it out there, but it w...
Oh Davey. Your situation sounds awful. From an outside point of view this seems to me like an intolerable life for you to lead. I know nothing about OCD. But I know about good, healthy relationships and this isn't one at the moment. I know this sounds harsh, but you being at his beck and call like t...
Sorry, just re-read and see that you have had counselling! Ignore that one!
You have a lot on your plate. I think these are totally normal feelings. It is hard to continully put yourself last and it eventually takes its toll. I think when you feel like this, I think something has to change. Have you spoken to your GP about this? Would some councelling help? Can you cut down...
Hello All Happy New Year! I have been away a while as I managed to log myself out of the forum and have only just had time to reset my password to post again! Sad to see so many so new and old members struggling along with the day to day hardships of caring. I thought I would post an update on my si...
Hitting rock bottom and making the decision that things have to improve is something many of us here have been through. Happy Birthday for today. 32 and 2018 is going to be better. And we are here to support you. Happy Christmas. x
Aw Pet and NHShater. I am so sorry you will not be with your partners tomorrow. I will be thinking of you both and hope you can visit soon. I wish you the strength (and ice cream) to get thorough the next few days. For so many of us Christmas just isn't as jolly as adverts, songs, tv and the media t...
Oh honey. No, this is not normal. You have hit rock bottom and you cannot carry on caring alone. This does not make you a bad person or a failure or any of the other things you might feel or think or other people might tell you, you are. You are NOT superwoman and no one person can care for another ...