I'd let her eat cheese! My Mum also has dementia and has a serious chocolate/cake habit, she has so little of joy left to her that I won't deny her. Mum also likes a ploughman's and I'll stick coleslaw or veg on that which she will each my sister also regularly cooks her a roast and fill the late wi...
Great news Tracy. Definitely make sure you send the dr your true concerns in detail so they know what they are looking for in advance. Have a copy to hand to your dr when he/she arrives as well. Best of luck.
Sorry to hear that Tim. I'm glad that you have some respite. There comes a point with dementia where the care is too much for one person. Sad as that is. Sending strength to get through this time. xx
Not sure about carers assessment. But as with obtaining any support it seems to be a case of "he who shouts loudest...". I am not the sort of person who shouts loud. But I have learnt to be. Make yourself a nuisance and keep chasing it up. I totally agree with the feeling of being treated like an in...
Hello and welcome to the forum. It is really tough having a number of caring responsibilities. So vent away. I have an elderly mother with dementia and a young family. I often feel caught in the middle. And struggle to balance everyone's needs. I often feel like I am dropping many of the balls I hav...
Aw Fluffy - what a sad state of affairs for you. I think you are right to limit contact. Her recent accusations really emphasise that you have very little other choice. I didn't see much of my Dad in the last year of his life. Visits often ended in violence and accusations. I had to really steal mys...
I don't have anything to add to the massively practical advice above. Just wanted to add my support.

You have tried your very best. Time for your siblings to pick up now. If you still want to see her (and you don't have to) then keep visits short and don't ever be alone with her for your own sanity.
Hi Wayne I second what Elaine says. This is really too much for you and his behaviour over the TV really hits that home. Set yourself and step FIL some really strict ground rules. This doesn't make you a bad person. You have bena saint up to now! Best of luck. Changing the status quo isn't easy, but...
Welcome to the forum. Think about what Melly says about what you want to happen. Whatever your conclusion, there is no shame. Caring for her may now be more than a one person job. At your age you really ned to be taking care of yourself as well. You deserve a life too. Realising that my needs were a...
Hi Hayley

Nice to meet you. I look after Mum with dementia and have 2 smallish children.

Are social services being helpful with support for your little boy? Does he attend school yet?