My Mum and Dad were in a similar situation. He was a bully made worse by illness. In the end Mum called an ambulance after a particularly bad incident and I refused to have him home from hospital. Mum came to stay with me and my sister for a few weeks and said there was no one at home to care for hi...
Really happy you feel better and are getting some extra help in. I hope it helps. Please come back and share at any time. There are many of us on here who have just got on with it and finally reached rock bottom. It is bloomin hard and there is no shame in needing support or more help.
Oh George - I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Is it treatable? Sometimes it doesn't rain but it pours - hey? I am so please that you are doing the Couch to 5K. Getting to week 6 is a massive achievement! Don't let Dad's illness knock you off track. Physical exercise as a way of coping with the s...
Julie, I SO relate to all you say. Also been times when I just can't see time, or find mental energy to exercise. I got a dog so I HAD to get out. It does me good. Bike sounds like a fantastic start. Good for you. You will get there. As for friends. I've also lost touch with a lot of people too. I c...
Sorry to hear that. Hard to cope with caring without added complication of grieving for a loved one. Do you have support from any family or friends you can talk to?
Welcome. I care for Mum with dementia and until recently my Dad with dementia like symptoms. I got lots of help when I was at breaking point 2 years ago. Hopefully we can help you too!.
Oh Martin. That is tough. I think the fact you are breaking down means you are at the end of your tether and need more help. When did you Mum last have a social services assessment? I relate to the grief you feel thinking what the person was like. I try and feel grateful for what I had with Mum. But...
What a hard situation. I'm so sorry it has been traumatic. You have done the right things now think about YOU. That is all you can do. I don't think you would be classed as voluntary unemployed given the circumstances? You didn't want to leave. I would get yourself to the Job Centre and see what you...
I love travel and wildlife too - tho am rubbish photographer! If you are interested in conservation work how about volunteering with somewhere local to you? Again, you would be building skills that would be transferable if you do want to move eventually. Web design also sounds great. Could you start...
My Mum also has dementia. I care, but not full time. How long have you been a carer for?

Your well being is VERY important!