[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
You MUST access respite for your Mum. You sound very unwell and need a break. Unless your brother is willing for your Mum to move in with him for 2 weeks, then he has no say over whether she has respite care. I know you feel that you don't have the energy to fight, and I am so sorry you have to. But...
Hi Norman.

I am so sorry for the loss of your wife and for how difficult things have been for you since your loss. I am not surprised you feel lost and low and let down.

PLEASE if you feel suicidal contact the Samaritans - call 116 123. They are there to talk to 24/7.
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a lot to juggle. I care for my elderly Mum and have 2 smallish (getting bigger!) children and work. I feel like I am constantly about to drop all of my spinning plates! But things are better than they were a couple of years go when everything felt like it was smashi...
We totally understand that these are not simple decisions. And we are here for you through this tough time. It is understandable to want to keep her at home for as long as possible. She is still your Mum and you love her. I feel the same about my Mum. But to keep her at home you HAVE to balance her ...
So sorry to hear this. Can you tell us a bit more to see if we can help?

Do you live with your Mum? Could she go into emergency respite to give you a break for a couple of weeks? You may need to say you are at breaking point to access this as an emergency, but sounds like to me that you are?
Hey Evie it sounds tough. If you are caring 24/7 this is too much for one person. Particularly if your Mum has challenging behaviour. No one can care for another person around the clock for any length of time. Have you had a social services needs assessment recently? If needs have changed you should...
So sorry to hear this. Sadly I really don't think your situation is unusual. It doesn't seem unusual for people to find themselves after years of caring when the person they have cared for goes into care or dies. Can you give us a little more information and see if we can help? Where are you living ...
Kiwi - sending a big hug. Have a good wallow. You are absolutely entitled to as that is really rubbish. Then you put on your big-girl carer trousers on. Pull them right up and kick some social services butt. Don't hesitate to complain if you are not getting enough support. What do you need to be abl...
Please take advice above. No one should have to suffer from domestic abuse. Her illnesses are no excuse. You can more on from this. Making the decision that things have to change is the biggest battle. So well done for posting here.

Let us know how you get on. We are here to help.
If your Mum needs the support then something could perhaps be gained from her looking at how other people deal with caring and explore other options for your sister as she gets older. However, I would caution her adding to your post. The point of the forum is that you can vent confidentially. And th...