Just re-reading your original post. As Mum is in hospital, this is a really good time to look again at your situation. This sounds horrible, but you may have to say you won't have her home until appropriate care is in place. The term is "unsafe discharge" if they send her home from hospital without ...
There is no shame if you can't cope any more. It is hard and you have done a wonderful thing looking after her for so long. Feel proud of yourself.
You owe me that food bank voucher - on more likes than dislikes at the moment, by some miracle - lol! In all seriousness massivley depressed around the vitriol around the badges. I applied for one for my Dad & found the process in our area pretty robust. Massive long form, loads of ID, letter from c...
it hasn't even got past the moderation process - lol!
Have commented... although had to register on the Daily Mail website to do so. I now feel a bit unclean. ;)
I was just thinking about you and wondered how it went.

What a massive win for you and Mum. Well done!

Also, it will be massively good for him. Social interaction is really important.
I am so sorry for your loss. PLEASE do call the Samaritans if you need to talk to someone. Also, CRUSE the bereavement charity might also be able to help? https://www.cruse.org.uk/ The helpline is open Monday-Friday 9.30-5pm (excluding bank holidays), with extended hours on Tuesday, Wednesday and Th...
We were lucky that we could have found the money to pay, Dad had a good pension. But again Dad wouldn't consent to the financial assessment, so that was that. Mum was left to struggle on 24/7. Through violence outbursts, sleepless nights, erratic behaviour, double incontinence. It was only when she ...
I am so excited about this! My Mum has dementia and getting her safely across car parks etc with my two kids in tow can be a major stress! Particularly if I need to go and pay at the machine as she some times thinks I've abandoned her if there is a long walk. At busy times I often don't take her out...
Perhaps you and your sister should get together and decide between you what you are content to do for Mum for the next goodness how many years and tell her? I think this is a must. In any caring situation the chances are you can't do it all. At some point you might want kids etc and then they need ...