[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks for the extra information. How are the fractures now? Is mum still wearing the "boot"? What follow up is planned/arranged? Sorry, have been busy trying to survive and haven't logged on. Fractures seem to have healed, but pain is intense due to Parkinson's and Arthritis. Mum has refused to go...
Oh yes! I still have to stop comparing myself to others. The visitors at my hubby's nursing home, who go every day, and for longer hours than me. I thought I would be judged. I'm not, as I don't judge any, whether they stay for hours, or some who never visit at all. We each have to do what's best f...
Indira, The more I read about your situation, the more I feel that somehow you and your mum have slipped through the net, and my alarm bells are ringing. Can you explain exactly what happened after mum had the fall which seems to have started all these problems? Was the ambulance called? Was she ta...
Hello Indira, Another very true saying on this forum, is, " You are important too!" You are, and must consider yourself. You won't be any support to anyone if you become ill. I'm still struggling with that, but am much further forward now, and with the guilt monster. Yes, you are so right, but it i...
Whoops - that final line should have been after the 'Walk in my shoes for a bit!' comment! Yes, you are absolutely right about everything. I know for sure that I get irritable when I am tired. I do not know how I did the first 10 days without help or equipment. We did not even know that mum's leg w...
Yes, if mum has over about £23,000 she will have to pay for all her care, unless she has any money in a joint account with you, in which case only half counts. If she has just over that amount, she can't give you a few thousand to get below it, that's classed as "deprivation of capital" BUT she can...
Hi Indira Your Mum doesn't have to have a financial assessment. My mother refused too. She just declared herself to be self funding. However if your Mum has more than the magic number, currently £23,250,00 I believe, in assets, (savings, bonds, in the bank etc), she will have to pay for any care he...
I don't understand what the continence nurse meant by 'on Rio'. The carers should know all about this too and be responsible for cleaning. You didn't mention that you had pads, Indira. So here is more detail: pads ('nappies') for the main problem, but also square sheets, disposable, to catch the re...
Cannot make any suggestions but one thing, I take it that you have a large plastic sheet under your mother covering the whole bed. In this way, if the worst happens, at least the bed, sheets and mattress will remain dry. Edit,added........... This might be a silly thought but garden centres sell ve...
Indira, in terms of financial assessment to see whether your mum is eligible for 'free' carers, one obvious question is 'Does she own the house/flat she is living in?' If she does, then I would say that she is 'automatically' above the threshold for free care? (Others here will know). Who is in cha...