Your Dad is so lucky to have you. It's not unreasonable to charge him for the time you spend sorting out avoidable problems. I found juggling elderly parents' needs was so draining and time-consuming I had to give up my successful professional career. It meant my stress levels were easier to manage ...
This probably doesn't help much but - SNAP! I feel the same about difficult mother. 2 things I've picked up from elsewhere that do help me cope, as well as the wonderful and necessary advice of other posters on this forum, of course. Firstly, FOG. Fear, obligation and guilt. That's what we are made ...
Bowling bun, thank you.
You're wise counsel is helping me steer a course through one of the most difficult times in my life.
I'm still in very choppy waters but I still have a tiny bit of hope.
Thanks Mrs A, the support and encouragement from you and carer colleagues on here is making a difference at this difficult time.
I'll take your advice, double-check, keep trying etc.
I've been lucky to have my dear old Dad for all these years, he deservers a peaceful send-off.
Thanks Rosemary. I think the hospice has a representative at the hospital and that it was her who said he isn't ready for a hospice. Should I try contacting them again, direct, at the hospice, do you think? All this is so confusing I don't know what I could/should be doing but there is no way I'll l...
Thanks both. My Mum says she can't cope if he goes home. She is v frail and has dementia. The hospital did say that he is nearing death but not near enough to warrant hospice care. However, that was last week. Since then Dad is becoming increasingly confused,doubly incontinent, his eyes seem to be s...
Successful in fast-track funding application but nothing has been put in writing as yet. No sign of a care plan. Dad needs to be near us for his psychological and emotional wellbeing but the choice is between care homes 10, 20 and 30 miles away. If we turn these down then maybe the fast-track offer ...
No doubt this campaign has made a difference to a lot of people.

My Dad has dementia and is in hospital at the moment; I can visit any time between 12 and 8 pm. He always seems pleased to see me when I pop in. We are v lucky because the hospital is nearby so I do pop in for frequent, short visits.
Hi Pennie, I was going to make a formal complaint about the junior nurse's staggering ineptitude. I chose to complain to her line manager first. He gave me completely different information. Yes, he said they were applying for fast track CHC funding because of rapidly deteriorating condition and ther...
Help! I plan to appeal a CHC assessment. I was informed by a junior nurse in a very public place that my father is near the end of his life but not near enough. They are planning to send him home on Monday with an "intensive care package". Dad is 92. He has terminal CLLeukaemia. Treatment options ar...