[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Almost identical to what happened last time mum was in......
Hi Henrietta, I called the Dr this morning and a lovely dr came to do a home visit. Mum has low oxygen and her lungs sound like the chest infection is still there. She's been taken back into hospital and dad has gone along to give me a break since I haven't been sleeping and I'm an emotional wreck! ...
I phoned the surgery for a home visit so hopefully the Dr can help with feeding her somehow. Social services rang yesterday to discuss an ot visit and the waiting list is 6 to 8 weeks! I'm hoping the weakness and confusion is down to lack of food and that this can be reversed. If not then I'll conta...
I had a similar experience with my mum. She has been taking dyhydrocodeine for a while for chronic arthritis pain. She had also been taking naproxin but due to her heart failure the naproxin was stopped. Other anti inflammatories could not be prescribed because of the detrimental effects on the hear...
So another update. I'm calling the Dr for a home visit tomorrow. She's back to not eating and so very weak it's ridiculous. I feel responsible for her state because I can't work out what to do to get nutrients into her. She's confused, dizzy and weak and I'm sure some of that is because she isn't ea...
Thank you so much for your replies. When I messaged I was beside myself and honestly felt as if I was approaching the end of my tether. It's so reassuring to know there are people out there willing to help and lend their experience and support. It's very much appreciated xxx
Hi Bowling bun, last night I spoke to mum and she agreed that she felt like a zombie. We decided together not to replace the 3 day patch and to see how she felt today. It looks like my instincts may have been at least partially accurate - she is much more "mum" today. She is able to focus and is mor...
I'm currently caring full time for my mum who has heart failure. She had an episode in September 2016 which saw her hospitalised. Since then she's been in hospital again twice, for chest infection which have effected her blood sugar levels (she's also type 1 diabetic along with several other health ...