[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Yes, you are right charles47 - other people are not on his radar, at least not in the normal way. He is very pleased when he is made a big fuss of, and is attention-seeking constantly, retelling stories of professional triumphs etc. He can remember the names of people he went to primary school wi...
<t>Hello from Australia, Mair - I have lived in the UK many years ago and visited Wales and Cornwall, loved it all.<br/> You have a lot on your plate - it puzzles me about the old gentlemen though - how come he has been taken on as your responsibility, when he is not family. Does he have no family o...
<t>Charles47 - I have always known that Dad was different - suffered a lot as a child, our whole family did - about 7 years ago a very perceptive family doctor used the term, at the time I didn't know anything about it so I put it out of my mind.Since then my brother and a cousin have been diagnosed...
Hi Vimla - you may see from my post that I have experience with Aspergers. Most of the men on my fathers side of the family have it to various degrees,some also have other disorders, one is bipolar. Aspergers people can usually function well in their chosen careers but they can come a cropper if the...
<t>He,he! Well, Cotula - actually Dad has never cared much for his bath, the naughty man! He grew up in rural areas of Australia where there was no running water so Iguess they got into the habit of not bathing every day.<br/> I have taken all precautions and made his bath as safe as possible, so he...
<t>Cheers from Australia Mandy - I have been unofficially caring for my Dad aged 94 for many years now, although I was working until recently. Now I am applying to be his official carer and get the carers payment.<br/> Dad is pretty hard going but I do my best, hoping to take on the main stress as m...
<t>I am writing from Australia - can't find any similar forums here.<br/> I am caring for my Dad who is 94 and has Aspergers. His behaviour is very difficult, the tiniest thing like filling in a form can involve an hour or so's debate; he alone knows best;he has particular ways of doing everything, ...
<t>Hi Patricia - I know where you're coming from - I am in the process of becoming official carer for my father who is 94(a difficult process here in Australia if your parent is a self-funded retiree.)<br/> He has always been a tyrranical, stern and difficult man to deal with and we were simply afra...