Im caring for my elderly mum. Things have been extremely difficult lately- a long story of cuts in her care (without assessment from OT). Since care reduced my mum has had a TIA and a fall. She is unable to walk or get onto her commode as she did from her bed. She has been issued with a medical bed ...
Thank you for taking the time to share these wise words. It's been a long time since I've been able to look at things from another persons perspective who actually understands without judgement. I'm going to find counselling for my sake as well as my poor long suffering husband and to ensure I can c...
I have never thought of counselling. It sounds like a good suggestion = I'll have to try to find out where to find someone local. Our GP surgery is on the brink of collapse so I don't think they will be of help. I rang for a home call for my mum on Friday for chest infection ?UTI and had a phone cal...
This is my first post - my mum has always been very controlling. I moved her in to my home when she was 83 to look after her in her final years. It's now eleven years on and it has destroyed our lives and she has taken control of our home. The term manipulation by frailty suits both of us, but do ta...