[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi We had a leaflet through our door yesterday from Parsley Box...... I quote "No Fridge. No Freezer. Innovative vacuum seal means you can store our meals in your cupboard for 6 months!" www.parsleybox.com May be worth a look? We have some M&S mini meals and add more veggies to them sometimes, but I...
Luke, I feel for you (but I know that doesn't help). I agree with Bowlingbun, you have to try to be tough, I know from experience that is really hard sometimes, especially if the Caree wants to come home. But you need help, PROPER help, not just Carers that flit in and out and spend half the allotte...
Hi Yes, a Sack Truck - I can see the similarities....! Thank you for that. I think they used something like the Sarah Stedy at the Rehab Hospital when Caree fractured her Pelvis last year. I will ask the OT about it, but with the very limited space we do have, I don't think it would fit in the room....
Thank you Ayjay. Mother could stand before her Sodium dropped due to various issues. A ReTurn is like a ladder (my Caree calls it) on a very heavy base. It moves on wheels until you put the brakes on. The idea is that from a sitting position, you put your feet on the base, reach forward to the 'ladd...
Me again..... Does anybody have any tips for getting a 91 year old onto a Bedpan before the inevitable happens please? We were sent a Bedpan on Caree's discharge from Hospital a month or so ago. Have say it didn't look that comfortable and we have had a few disasters while Caree was in a Chair and a...
Thank you all for your replies. I did take a photo of one incident where the leg bag tap was left open, and I've made a list of things that I consider to be 'not good enough'. I had already thought of the notice by the loo, but thanks. And there is a small swing lid bin in the bathroom and one in th...
Hi sorry but I just need to vent..... Mother (91) was discharged from Hospital 26/3. We had not been able to visit for the week prior to that due to Covid 19 etc. The last time we visited we thought something 'wasn't right' and mentioned this to staff who just said Mother was fine. 27/3 I was so con...
Thank you for your replies. Maybe different areas do different things, maybe the fact I live with my Mother changes things. The Care Agency have just rung and they are sending someone in to reassess Mother's needs when she has arrived home this afternoon. They will be sending 2 Carers in (previously...
Yes, that's what I did yesterday - took a copy of my Carer's Allowance letter with me - just in case.
BB, When I asked about Reablement (if that's what you mean?), I was told they didn't do visits where 2 people had to come out. (but Mother did have those for 6 weeks when she fractured her Pelvis back in September). Hence we are back with a Care Agency Mother was using previously - she has to pay as...