Hi Ayjay

How's things now? Hope things have improved.

Best wishes.
Yes, very pleased for you both. Hope all continues well!
Hi all Thank you all for your responses. I'm the grand old age(!) of 54 and my Mother is 90. She has made a Will that says everything should be split between me and my Sister. I don't think she will ever go into a Care Home - that is something that neither my Sister, my Mum or Myself would ever want...
Hi I'm very aware that this may come across as me being selfish, or feeling sorry for myself.... or possibly both, but here goes, I just need to share and then maybe it won't feel so 'big' a worry. Some days I just feel SO anxious about what my own future is going to be when the inevitable happens -...
Gosh, only had it done yesterday evening, sorry I wouldn't have asked so soon had I known that. I thought it was happening in March.
Oh dear, what a mix up with the sling/bed etc, I do feel for you.
I hope all goes well now.
Best wishes.
A couple of things that someone may be able to clear up for me, the first I'm just curios, the second is more important. My wife had an indwelling catheter fitted back in May while in hospital, there were some problems initially until they increased the size from a 12 to 14, (the size relates to th...
I’ve just applied for one online with the council. I’ll post about the experience when it happens. I recently went to an event at our local Carers Trust centre and they seemed to be very useful. I’d get on their website and register with your local centre and see what support you can get? Good luck...
I’ve just applied for one online with the council. I’ll post about the experience when it happens. I recently went to an event at our local Carers Trust centre and they seemed to be very useful. I’d get on their website and register with your local centre and see what support you can get? Good luck...
I'm glad you seem to have solved the bypassing issues - long may it continue. Mother started off with a size 12, then it was upped to 14. She has been having a 16 Open Ended (as opposed to side openings) for a few years now. I think Mother has quite long legs too; she was 6 foot(ish) tall in her you...
Poor you. I do feel for you both. I was shocked, and somewhat alarmed, to hear the Nurses don't do washouts any more??? (maybe different Areas work differently). AND that a Carer managed to pull the Catheter out??? We have had a lot of conflicting/different information too.....some Nurses say infect...