I've got some good news for a change! I've been to an intake appointment at VOCAL and will be starting affordable counselling soon.
Hi John
That's not easy! Do you have a service like VOCAL (https://www.vocal.org.uk/) in your areas that could (possibly) provide some advice? All the best for you and your wife!
So, after suggesting going to counselling together, my husband tried to hang himself. I wasn't around but discovered that police were called by a friend of his who got worried. He was taken to the hospital, was assessed and discharged in a few hours. He seems to be doing a bit better in the last few...
Fig Not sure if these will help but there may be some alternative responses here https://www.rethink.org/carers-family-friends/what-you-need-to-know/responding-to-unusual-behaviour ((Hugs)) MrsA Thanks. That's it, I've had enough! I'm going to have a serious conversation with my husband. It's eithe...
oh, sweetheart! {{{{{hugs}}}}}}} Can you get away for a break somewhere? Soon! My annual leave is planned for 20.2, and I'm counting the days. Apparently, there has been a big drama today. Long story short, my husband smashed his head into a glass window at college (he recently graduated but strugg...
I can't take it anymore! I hate living in fear and anxiety about what's going to happen with/to my husband!
It's just impossible to say anything to him other than 'I'm sorry to hear, you're right' without getting him upset, angry and wanting to kill himself. How can I live like that?
Fig, how did your own work-provided counselling go? Was it any good? If so, can you do more of it? If it wasn't, can you afford a few sessions with someone decent? It sounds as though you might benefit from that face-to-face discussion. You say your husband doesn't want to see his counsellor again....
I'm wondering if he could do some volunteering in some respect, as that would help with his sense of self-worth. Rejection is always awful, particularly from jobs. It hits the toughest of us hard. Do you think you could work through with him WHY he didn't get the jobs he went for. Was it experience...
Hi Fig I did think that an intensive course would have some kind of follow up number or contact. Perhaps you could remind him of this and encourage him to look back to see what tools and techniques he learned to help him cope with this kind of situation. Sadly there is little you can do for him, he...
Hello again! :cry: It has been about a year since I've been here, reporting on my husband's mental health issues. In the last four months, things have been better - after spending a long time at home, he enrolled in an intensive course and was doing ok. He graduated from the course two weeks ago and...