[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hi Duluth I was moved by your post. I too am 45, single and devastating childless. I have cared for my mum for 11 years for a variety of reasons. It wasn't too bad in the beginnings. But with my health now suffering because of it I no longer want to be a live in carer. So the plan is for mum to sell...
Hi Rachel, I am 44 and have been looking after my mum for 11 years. With her memory lapses worsening over the last year it has drained me and made me I'll. I have texted my older sister who has an opinion on everything that I can't do it any longer. I now await her response. Anyway... My mum resiste...
Hello

Anybody know what the difference between a "supported flat" and a "suppoorted flat with extra Care" is?
I'be rung a few housing assoc but they won't tell me what support they offer for a supported flat.

Also what is an almshouses?

Thanks
Hi Teresa Thanks for posting this feel good real life story. So nice to read you were able to get him home without having to fight for it. I read so many horror stories. Although it does sound like the nursing home had given up on him. Also proved that not all confusion is down to dementia. I wonder...
Hi Karen , Could it be the depression or the fact she has mobility issues that has lead to this? Is she being tested for dementia? Is the house equipped with aids to help her? Toilet seat risers with hand rails, shower stool or a seat for the bath, a perching stool for the kitchen, recliner. Chair, ...
Hi John, I care for my mum for 11 years. Your post brought back memories. My sister was diagnosed in 2011 By the time she was diagnosed and she went to the drs enough times, she was terminal and had numerous secondaries including the lungs. Watching her fight and struggle was both heartbreaking and ...
Hiya As you probably didn't realise it counted as a change of circumstance that they could be sympathetic. Just phone and calmly explain. And if necessary write. I had mine backdated 3 months which is the maximum because I didn't know Carers Allowance existed back in 2005. We don't get much. Less th...
Hi, I'm 44. I flirted in and out of jobs. I had just got back from travelling when at the end of 2005 I started caring for mum. I.have always wanted children and was going to apply to adopt when personal things with me happened and mums' memory has gotten worse. Over the last 2 months I have been sm...
Hi, Oh dear. Reminds of the amount of help I get from my sister. Although she has done some things. She'll phone and tell us she's coming over. Doesn't't ask if it's convenient. I haven't approached her about it yet. Write to them. That's what I'm going to do. Then you can sit down and talk about wh...
I'm sure it is hard but Don't feel guilty. Go on holiday and try and enjoy yourself. Again hard when you are grieving. May I ask. I know your dad had a brain tumour but if he had gone home could he have looked after himself? If yes couldn't he have sold and moved. Or if he had a council flat he coul...