[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Adviser advised me to ring DWP. Full of apprehension but I bit the bullet. They said there had been some kind of problem, that she had been awarded the PIP but there had been some kind of snag making the payment and that someone was going to have to do it manually. And that I was to give it another ...
Thanks, Londonbound. I'm talking to an adviser tomorrow as my partner isn't good on the phone and I'm not up for ringing DWP, despite the lack of Vivaldi. I was flapping probably. It makes sense what you say about them notifying others via computers and joe public via snail mail.

Thank you.
I claim PIP higher care and lower mobility. For nearly a year a PIP claim has been ongoing for my partner. Most of that delay has occured due to the difficulties we've had getting all the evidence together. DWP have been helpful and patient, no complaints. Last week I got an email from my Council, i...
Well, I'm back. Food For Free is indeed a great book and the very Collins gem that opened my eyes. Me and The Boss made it through and worked things out. And now I am having a Carer's Assessment. Social services rang and did the "say hello, wave goodbye" number on me, and I wasn't expecting their ca...
That's strange. And perhaps the first time that being in receipt of contribution ESA stands as an advantage. I'll have a chat later with the local council. There's a woman down there who is the mastermind of benefits. If you are right that contribution ESA isnt affected then that takes a huge worry ...
the other thing I would highly recommend is shaming food banks particularly the bourgeois christians that run them it is important to shame food banks and the bourgeois christians that run them because they are normalising and assisting the hatey politics and remember jesus was about love and kindes...
Just to add because... could be seen as contentious and insensitive... I would also be horrified is local Job Centre Plus' were calling in disabled people and carers and demanding that they undertook foraging courses... in order to mitigate the next rounds of benefits cuts... I'd also be outraged an...
Yes, it's a tough existence. Absolutely is. I care for her sometimes, she cares for me. She's the official carer but it makes very little difference. Neither of our efforts to help one another and given any credence, or acknowledgement. Caring is only really "real" as far as this society is concerne...
TBH it looks like it'd be wise for both of us to remain in a broken relationship rather than claim UC. She will especially be up the creek due to the mandatory starvation period, as she has no-one to help her, no family, nowt and I'm afraid she is a bit aloof when it comes to eating tinned or proces...
Thanks, Chris. I'll do a bit of number-crunching later as advised. The bizarre thing is that if you compare my income prior to the ex moving in, to when she did move in, with all the loss of premiums, council tax and housing benefit and wotnot, her real-world contribution to the household was £20 we...