[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Lol! It would be met with indignation because she works for a living! In fairness she's not in great shape to do the work, she is more of a ...share lunch out or get the chips in, then sit and knit and watch TV with mum....which has a nice value for mum, but doesn't necessarily address the needs. Bu...
Just spotted another question I missed from earlier. We are currently trying to get her to sort POA out. She's a bit tight about spending out...I guess she's saving for her old age!! :D
Oh, failed to answer one of your questions, ...no, I closed our business after my brother in law suffered a severe stroke, and could not return to work. It left me to finish that last build without him which was hugely stressful, and hard work, so we took the decision to close and cancelled 2 years ...
Phew! That's given me a lot to think about Jenny! Yes, I suppose I have been enabling him. He doesn't claim anything, nor has done for about 6-7 years, as facing doing it puts him into panic, as does the thought of the gp etc. I only got him there once, he was given beta blockers once, and won't go ...
Hi Alison, welcome to the forum. Has mum had a Needs Assessment from Social Services, and you a Carers Assessment? If they could arrange some help for mum then it would make life a lot easier for you. It wouldn't necessarily mean you lost your Carers Assessment. Are you receiving ESA or similar? Sh...
Hi, new to the site today. I have empathy for you, my partner also has anxiety...social anxiety. He was made redundant 7 years ago, after having panic attacks at work, and though we have it well controlled now...through how we work our life style, it is still a huge issue. He gets nothing as, althou...
Hi, thought I'd just introduce myself, just found the site today, and joined. I care for my mum, 6 days a week in general. She is 89, with heart failure, and various other medical issues. As a sideline, one I never really thought of as "caring" before, and kind of is & isnt, my partner is unable to ...