[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I'm sure CBT can be very useful in 'retraining' the traumatised mind BUT only AFTER the 'root cause' of the trauma has been firstly identified and secondly 'challenged' (or 'confronted' or 'acknowledged' or whatever). We HAVE to know what causes us grief and distress, and WHY.....and only then can ...
Thanks Mrs A will look that up. I was very sceptical about such strategies but my wife went through a technique with me that she was taught and it really does work. I now find myself grounding myself and speaking to my spirit animal(a gorilla) :D
Hi Ross In my humble experience it seems to me your wife's problems probably do stem from whatever the "horrific things that happened to her " were. Not for public answer, but could you afford some private counselling for her.? I have found nhs psychiatrists quite set in their ways and that a less ...
Thanks MrsA and Elaine for taking time to reply and for the good advice. Will definitely be looking into having a carers assessment done. I'm really fortunate to have a supportive family behind me but really do feel for those Who have to struggle on alone with unwell partners. At the moment my wife'...
Hi I'm new to the forum, my wife suffers from mixed effective disorder, a type of bi-polar. She's just been admitted to hospital for the fourth time in seven months. I try really hard to manage and support her at home but recently her depression and suicidal thoughts have been worse than they've eve...