[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Just wanted to share my experience with Mum in case it is help to anyone else. She has a number of health conditions including stroke, diabetes, AF, thyroid problems and severe arthritis for which she takes a whole suitcase full of pills. For pain relief she has had morphine in various forms includi...
You're definitely not the only one. Caring for someone is one of the most frustrating, emotional, difficult things anyone can do. We all want to feel we can cope with anything and that we'll do what is needed for our families, because we love them. Things is, we only have limited control over our em...
Hi Becky, just wanted to add to what the others have said, you're not alone, we know what you're feeling like. I don't know if that helps at all, but it does mean that if you need to cry or yell or rant or complain how unfair it all is, we totally understand and it doesn't mean you don't love or wan...
Thanks for the advice.I don't think Dad would qualify for attendance allowance, he is mostly fine and can help with caring for Mum except when she gets really bad, he gets stressed and then we get the tachycardia. Anyway, he has a consultant appointment next Friday so hopefully some pills will sort ...
Thanks again to all of you. I guess I do know what I have to do really, but making that jump to involving "officialdom" isn't easy. As a first step our GP referred Mum to a care coordination service on Monday, so it may be that will be a good route in to start the whole support process off. She like...
I have just finished (handed in my dissertation last week) a masters in antiques which was a distance learning course run by the university of Central Lancashire. I absolutely loved doing it and I was able to put in a little bit of time here and there when I could. There was just one fixed point eac...
Hi, thanks for the welcome. No we've had no contact with social services at all, everything we've had so far has been through the GP. I doubt we'd be eligible for much help since both parents have savings so we'd probably we expected to sort anything out ourselves. Also, neither my Mum or Dad are at...
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself as a newbie. I currently have both parents living with me. Mum is 80 and had a stroke 20 years ago which she only partially recovered from so she is very immobile. She now has arthritis very severely, diabetes, thyroid trouble and also has problems with side effec...