Look after yourself, that's my advice. It is the little things that will trip you up. When my son died aged 13,much much later, I woke in the night frantic because I couldn't remember where a freckle was on his leg! Thats 22 years ago, but we do not forget. People will tell you that time is great he...
I am going to see the Practice Nurse on Tuesday regarding my blood pressure which I feel has gone up since I found myself in the terrible situation my partner and I are in. I have just completed an NHS online questionnaire about stress and anxiety, which seemed interesting, but, my question is.........
I have to write it down here........

I am trying to work, doing research, and he keeps mithering me about flaming DISHCLOTHS.

He rarely washes dishes nowadays, but decided to do so today - it seems I have bought the wrong dishcloths
Grrrrr
I had a unique High Street business - working as a genealogist in a shop. No one else did it like I did - other genealogists worked from home or offices. I never needed to advertise and the work just flowed in. I had a fortnightly one and a half hour slot on BBC local radio and everything looked gre...
I have just had exactly the same results here in Devon. My partner has dementia and increasingly complex medical needs - I am his sole carer 24/7/365. We rent our property so are not self funding. Yesterday I was absolutely at my wits end as we had had an awful time since Boxing Day - I rang Direct ...
Hi folks, thank you for all your help and opinions... in answer to some of your thoughts... we are not married, we do not have children together, we do not own our house, but rent. He has no savings, I have very little, but am trying to add to them. The GP has told me today that the only way out of ...
I have been awake in the night, trying to work this out....... Those of you who have read my posts before will possibly recall that the poor ould fella has dementia and health issues. These have increased over the last week, and as well as having a stoma, and bag, crohn's disease, - neither of whic...
I was so upbeat just before Christmas, and thought I had everything working well I understood his ileostomy,( that he cannot deal with) his need for warfarin, his cellulitis ( controlled) his dementia, and we were, reasonably OK with things. He has never been totally aware of his own health in the ...
Oh heck where do I start? Missing Mum more than I realise. Since she has moved in to the Care Home things have changed a lot. I've had to take over the financial side of things - not that it is a problem, but transferring and setting up new direct debits and all that is associated with it, is not f...
Aye Peter the Paint - I'll join in - Sheppy's Cider is not too far from me - I shall call in and collect some on my way..... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: