Thank you both for your thoughts. My FiL is British by the way. He has been widowed for about 20 years and cooks and cleans for himself without any help. But being 89 he is getting less robust of course. He has lots of interests so hopefully we can find groups for him to join when he comes. I do und...
My lovely 89 year old father-in-law will be moving in with us within the next few months. We have thought long and hard about this, and feel this will be the best thing all round as he lives in another county from us and we are his only family now. Our son and his fiance are living upstairs at the m...
Hi, thanks for your reply. That sounds like the best thing for us. I will talk to my brother tonight.Would the 'attorny' need to take Mum with him to do this or can he do this without her there?
Hello, I am new here and this is my first question. I hope someone can help. My mother has alzheimers but is still managing to live at home. My father past away some years ago. I live in another part of the country so I do not see her day to day, but we talk most days. I have a number of siblings, t...
Hello, I have just registered here and am hoping for some advice. My mother has dementia and is still living at home. I have brothers who live near her but I live in another part of the country. I am about to have a look around the forum as I have a particular question. I am sure I will find lots of...