Frankly if that's his attitude towards you and no dementia etc involved making him that way I think time you say to your siblings over to them, you've done your bit.

I'm an only child but if that's way my mum treated me I'd walk away personally.
Hi Robin Just want say first off can relate to you're feelings. Felt v similar last year when was left doing everything for my mum while dealing stressful personal issues myself. Just want say things can get better. Looking at situation, clearly you need some help with you're dad. It sounds like no ...
Hi Sally Would absolutely agree with getting advice from CUK helpline for full 'sp'. Here is my experience though: I have recently STARTED working again and I know can only earn 116 net or will lose ALL my carers allowance that week. So I imagine if ssp is more than that you be sunk unfortunately. M...
Hi peeps Like previous poster this thread is v close to home to me. My mum agreed a DNR with her GP some time ago. I have told him I would not be respecting it as I considered it a reflection of her psychological state (depression rather than cognitive impairment). Posts have gave me food for though...
Can't recommend any action with unhelpful social worker directly (letting your advocacy worker deal with them sounds like way to go though!) To gain traction I'd recommend getting in contact with NHS Trust leadership team - it was only when I did this last year (buttonholing at Trust public meeting)...
Hi Tracie Wondering if you asking your gp or consultant/cpn about any local groups to support those people with your mental health issues? Where I am there is dedicated female borderline support group and know they helped good number women. Maybe something like that available locally? Please don't g...
Y'all Well phone :angry: engulfed me again earlier. I am G Fraser and I am phone rager... :oops: Having filled in (online) change of circumstances form for my CA claim last week for my exciting 'gig economy' (be able look millenials in eye now...) return to workforce scheduled start next week (since...
In reference to part 2 of your question J then contacting SW and getting a carer support plan done for your hubby would be recognising him as a full time carer?

(Although in practical terms all I get out it is being able use my LA leisure facilities for 50p... :dry:)
It is South Lan council or a NHS Partnership who are overseeing body? Whichever, need put pressure on them to find carers. Simply put its their problem to ensure your mum has personal care. Are there are local carers associations in South Lan? If not could utilise PASS service of local CAB try get s...
Hi Peeps Just wanted to say am touched by your honest messages from some more senior ladies) (hope don't mind me describing you as such!) I may forget how easy it is for me as a 'lone wolf' (as my now ex-wife described me) to barrel on. Only child, never particularly wanted fit-in, etc. Truth be tol...