Hi Jade I'd just like to say that to me, from a practical/financial point of view, moving in with your grandad seems sound plan, especially as he is only using half the house so presumably you and your partner will have run of upstairs? When I got divorced my choice was waste significant part of my ...
Legally there is nothing stopping you leaving your dad alone. (If you were to walk out and not come back that would be social service problem legally, not yours!) You have to consider that you need to have time out from full-time caring. Yes there is risk leaving him alone even for short periods but...
Can only go from my own experience. Mum recently in respite for 11 nights. Due to be more but when saw lack of supervision resulting no-one going see if she ok when got glass water thrown in her face by another resident just took her home there and then. Had been similar incident previous day althou...
Is his cognitive ability more or less intact? If so i'd give him an ultimatum - wear hearing aid or you'll start divorce proceedings. Obviously want keep yourself safe so I'd have a friend or relative around while doing this.
I don't think anyone is being hoodwinked here, Chris. CA definitely not kept up with inflation. But 73.10 is better than 64.60 any (day of the) week!
Definitely go down Mandatory Reconsideration path if that possible. Letter should state whether this is (likely) or not (unlikely). This will allow you some breathing space while you get advice elsewhere. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/challenge-a-decision-made-by-the-department-for-work...
My situation is different (only child, mum 68) yet commonalities in our respective situations (esp needing alone time to recharge) greatly outweigh differences. I have found this forum a source of mutual support and think you will too. Sure others be along soon but just thought say hi and welcome.
Am genuinely torn about reporting to CQC equivalent here in Scotland, BB (!). Did threaten home manager that i'd do so bout yesterday's incident as told her found her explanation (basically as per other thread respondents) unsatisfactory. However hearing their take on it led me to shy away from that...
Thanks to both respondents for their comments, very sound points. I buttonholed the manager on my way in to visit and I note that I was notified immediately and that there was significant degree of provocation on my mum's part. However, when went up to wing I witnessed another lady throwing glass wa...
I'd stop the cheque personally, and say you will be happy to agree a reasonable payment plan to pay off the excess over certain period, such as a year.