Have you thought of applying for ESA (contributory/New Style) too if you are eligible (sufficient NI contributions last two years) I get both CA and a small New Style ESA top up (as still in assessment phase) But if you could stand the dreaded assessment after 13+ weeks thenn got placed in support g...
You have been badly advised on benefits, Tammy. While, like myself, you understandably do not want to apply for PIP, you would (once made redundant) be eligible to apply for New Style/Contributory ESA due to your NI contributions . ESA is worth slightly more than CA, in fact you could claim both and...
Assertiveness training? Certainly not a problem I have (!) but maybe useful. Places such as carers centre, mental health centre etc often have it running.
I take my hat off to you. I moan about my mum with mild/moderate dementia but that is nothing to what you are coping with. I am going to confine myself to work aspect, others will no doubt be along to talk 'directly' about your caring responsabilities. I wonder if you could go elsewhere nearby on oc...
Defo one for Carers UK advice line as it's quite complicated. Can someone supply contact details? Answering one of OP's queries, wonder if getting confused between ESA and CA? With ESA my understanding is that occupational sick pay/ssp has to be exhausted before ESA claim will be entertained (certai...
Thanks for sharing this Chris v useful.

Intend using bit on Jobcentre being pro-active in dealing with employers when have my (self-requested!) conversation next week. B)
I have to say I too am concerned bout the way this forum is being moderated. I have found it to be based on subjectivity (rather than objectivity). Simply put, given the dwindling number of regular contributors (according to others I don't have a measure personally) I question if this is a (signific...
Mark, enjoying your posts mate. Its good get bit of different worldview on here! B)

On your point, if its contributory/New Style ESA ESA then don't see how you'd have go on to UC, I think you are thinking of income-based ESA?
I would NEVER accept I am upper middle class (although can fake it for short periods lol)
Whether it's harassment or not, if you can't cope then it's not acceptable. I have been in similar (although not to same extent admittedly - your experience sounds unfortunate to say least! :shock: ) situation this week in that simply can't always be at local NHS trustks beck and call. I am going ge...