Sorry to hear your news
Thank you Jacqueline.God speed to you and your mum
Thank you for your thoughts Bowlingbun. Yes I am making sure that I eat and sleep. Just returned and a quiche is in the oven, then I will go to bed. They unsedated mum, soon after my beloved sisters arrived this morning and took off the breathing apparatus early afternoon. As the consultant told us,...
Thank you Mrs Average. And Bowlingbun.To respond to your question, it was perindopril (for high blood pressure) that caused the severe allergic reaction. She'd been taking since May 2015. Then downhill from there. She had to go onto the breathing apparatus otherwise she would've choked to death. But...
Thank you. Yes I have been talking to her. And I agree, my fear that she drifts off when i'm not there. Thanks to the wisdom of the local NHS trust (east Kent), though I live a 2 minute drive from Kent and Canterbury hospital, this has been downgraded and mum is in Ashford, approx. 25 minutes drive ...
Thank you x
Hi. Mum has a severe allergic reaction to one of her tablets early Friday morning, her tongue eventually looked like a boxers fist in her mouth when in a and e. Rushed to theatre to be sedated and a tube down her nose and a breathing apparatus. Now has pneumonia. The consultant told me that they wil...
Sorry to hear about your situation. Re the Samaritans, there is a text number 07725 909090 where either of you can text if you feel unable to talk to someone and feel more at ease at texting. Wishing you all well
Hi. I'm in a very similar situation. I care for my mum, who had a stroke May 2015 and took a redundancy package from where I worked October 2016. I have 2 elder sisters ho have only visited 7 times since Oct 2016 and never text to see how mum is or what they could do to help.At least I know where I ...
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Kind regards
Nicholas