Hi Stephen. My mum had a stroke in May 2015.Back home since last April 2016. And I'm her full time carer. she eats and drinks well, but find things hard sometimes. Each person is different
Just touching base at the moment. Mum the higher rate of attendance allowance, would it be possible for my stepfather to claim. I do his laundry, collect his medication, cook meals for the 3 of us. He is mobile, but doesn't do much. Thank you
Hi Bowlingbun, thank you for your response. Yes mum receives attendance allowance, the higher rate and that's it. She had a stroke May 2015and been home since April 2016. I have power of attorney for mum for both health and wealth. We had a lovely lady from Age uk who soon visited after mum came hom...
Thank you Stephen
Hi. Thank you for your response.Yes mum has a lifeline
Hi. I was wondering if they were any groups that had anyone to cover for mum if I went out for a few hours. I can't always rely on my neighbours and my stepfather isn't too well.
Evening. Mum coming home tomorrow. Equipment installed and ready. Meeting with the agency tomorrow after she arrives home. I printed up the link that Melly1 placed and showed the hospital. They mentioned that each area is different for the 6 week buffer? Hospital has suggested by Anne to have more c...
Hi, thank you for your replies. Yes I have power of attorney for mum for both health and wealth. And mum can be labelled head strong. I will be at home all the time as I took redundancy package from where i worked. I just got to see how these first weeks go, then take a view of things. I really don'...
Thank you Melly1. Very helpful. Mum most definitely has mental capacity and gives merry hell, politely, to the staff at the hospital!
Hi. My mum had a minor stroke last Saturday, on top of a medium stroke in May 2015. Fortunately mum can speak normally, eat a normal diet, normal fluids, right side normal, the left side can move but this time cannot weight bare. The dtrs have said today that she can come home with the right care pa...