2018-08-04 at 14.36.40.jpeg
I've worked it out - I'm already a Grandmother to this beauty
OHHH I don't know how to share pictures
PS - Just a though, even if you are not particularly religious, you could try out church/chapel! Whatever one's opinions, there is usually quite a lot of social activity associated with churches/chapels. Chapels are often VERY 'convivial' (as well as welcoming), and after all, as you are bereaved, ...
I agree - it really does take time to 'adapt' to a new kind of life, which you are now facing. You do feel the loss of the old life, even with all the work and worry it entailed, and of course you are mourning your father, and, in a way, your mum as well - Little by little, you will start to build ...
Hi Blossom, Lots of great advice above. Just (((hugs))) from me. Would you consider getting a pet? Great company, therapeutic, could be a way to meet people, unconditional love and you'd no longer be going home to an empty house. Just a thought. Melly1 Ha! Melly thank you. A pet's a great idea. I l...
Hello Blossom I was sorry to hear if your loss. Was it recent? A carers bereavement is doubly difficult because it's not just the loss of a loved one, but of a job and a lifestyle too. And in your case I think Mum went into residential only recently too? No wonder you are feeling bereft. You are pr...
Hi Blossom Sorry for your loss, I know what you mean about the empty house, you never think you will miss the carers but they do become a part of everyday life and your social environment especially when coming that often. Since I lost dad at the end of last year I have taken on a second dog (my ow...
Thank you Chris

I'll go and have a read
I have been caring for my parent's for a very long time now. Mum is in a care home and I cared for Dad until he died at home. Anyone, who has ever cared for someone at home will know just how much work that entails and I was/am exhausted. Dad has gone now. I didn't realise quite how much the stream ...
Sorry to dispute Blossom, but the manager informs us on her Whiteboard at least a week before the CQC are inspecting, and the staff are frantic with the files. Definitely not a day before. The CQC don't put a poster up, they ask visitors if they would like a chat. Hubby's home is ok to be honest, b...