Thanks for the advice and that link. I had a look through the continuing healthcare checklist and it looks like, from what I can make of it, he might be eligible. There seems to be a difference between NHS continuing care and NHS funded nursing care. Like 2 different pathways or something. I have a ...
I have spoken to the physio and discharge coordinator who have said that they might be able to put something in place where his bed is kept at the hospital for a few days to see if he can manage at home, but could get directly back into hospital if needs be. That sounds like an option to me. They ha...
I can imagine the pressure is immense on the staff to discharge this time of year! They have put things in motion (hospital bed delivered along with an ETAC/re-turn gadget for him to do transfers and a commode; social worker has been round; and funding has been applied for for the IV team to come an...
That is one thought, but my husband would be distraught I think if I was the reason he 'couldn't' come home.

We are having a chat with his consultant on Monday about if discharge is possible/safe. I'll make sure I get my concerns heard!
My husband's consultant is going to have a chat with us on Monday about possible discharge. He and his colleagues have been looking into whether it's possible and if it's safe right now. I'm going to voice my concerns etc then.
I'll be very careful about discharge then. His consultant/surgeon is very involved in his care (I get the impression that he feels immensely guilty about what has happened by the things he says, he even gave me his private practice email to get hold of him directly - which of course I have used!) so...
I was wondering what the services would be like over Xmas...even more nervous about it now!
Thanks Chris, that looks useful :)
That is my fear. Even though he seems to have turned a corner, he is still at significant risk of medical emergencies (for example he developed sepsis at one stage of his stay with a temp of 40.5!). We spoke to his consultant yesterday and he seems hopeful, but isn't getting our hopes up too high, s...
Hi, It does seem like the worst is over - but as you say I have 'cautious optimism'. He is far more stable than he was and his bloods etc are trending in the right direction and all that. We spoke to the consultant yesterday and there is a small chance he might be home for Xmas. This all depends if ...