[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Hi Jane<br/> <br/> I used my Union in a matter unrelated to caring and they were excellent. It is most important that you go beyond your local rep. They are not full time officials and dont have the same depth of training and experience. A regional office of the union can help. Ask local rep to r...
<t>OK two hours of Mum saying she didnt have a home, and nor did I, that we had to leave this place (her flat of seven years) after a weary morning led to me getting the on call out. <br/> <br/> Got a carer who watched her and saw all the fearful stuff going on. Persuaded Mum to go for a walk round ...
<t>Thanks everyone, I am using your knowledge and experience. finally got her in with the GP who KNOWS her yesterday. She was so gentle and calming and supportive. . . Prescribed low level anti-depressant to help her. I had expressed concern about the level of distress Mum is in about being ill and ...
<t>Yesterday she was agitated because I was with her so I took myself off for the day- went on a city sight seeing tour of liverpool which helped me switch off.Half way through she phoned, fretful we had had a falling out- we hadnt and she seemed to accept that. However four further such phone calls...
I love you lot Keepposting it is helping alot
Thos she is resistant to me moving her and to her moving in with me

so far. . . .

This mornign she asked to go into to home to get better

*sigh*
<t>OK Signsare Mum is heading into some sortof dementia. Her memory shot to pieces, well we have seen that for a few months. Disorientation - been to the docs with that since August. Now have had Unsympathetic baby GP out saying plenty of water when her blood glucose (she is type 2) was 31 last frid...
Crumbs I am so glad I posted that since you lot have allbeen so helpful. I dont feel the pressure to decide now as a result so thank you , so much In the meantime today was the first day when I was at work when a sad little lady (Mum) phoned me to ask when was she going home. Heart rending stuff. Bu...
<t>Cross roads is entirely the wrong metaphor here.... OK Steep downhill run to crossroads with poor brakes . . . yep that's it, the brakes are mine and they arent in tip top form. . .<br/> <br/> Mum is showing signs of dementia more than ever and has been coping for years with diminishing confidenc...
Never *opens a new tin* ooh look!! Foil wrapped ones Image
I never knew a bum could be that shiny!
x