[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Thanks for the advice Jenny, I'll give her SW (who is also called Jenny lol) a call.
Part of my problem is I can't speak to my wife about it. She tends to take things like this as an attack or as putting her down if you get me?

If I was to go behind her back and speak to her social worker I fear she would take that bad too.
Hi all, I've been lurking about the site now for a while, and I've had a minor moan on the newbies section about difficulty as a carer. I haven't been on for a while mainly due to a house move just before xmas, and I've been busy looking after our three kids, trying to decorate, clean and tidy a hou...
Hi again @bowlingbun Now I think of it the shower stool and bed rail came from OT via my wife's social worker. Yea my wife has done a lot of research into Fibromyalgia and one of the things mentioned was what you have very accurately described about balancing what she can do against her pain thresho...
Yea it was tough moving just before Xmas. If it wasn't for the fact that I hired Swift Shift I honestly don't think we would have been able to move. They went above and beyond what I would say is their normal service and even packed stuff away for me before moving it! As mentioned I then had to go o...
Hi Sorry I haven't been on for a while. It's been pretty busy and hectic for a while. No I don't believe my wife has been for DBT. She was attending a "group therapy" type thing for about a year and a half, but that has come to an end sadly, and although my wife has improved and is managing her EUPD...
Funny you Mention downs! I myself suffer with depression and anxiety and at the moment things aren't great!
Hi Jenny, sorry I had that reply half typed earlier and didn't click submit, then when I did I hadn't realised you had replied. My wife's requirements are difficult to assess properly. As you said the Fibromyalgia is hard to diagnose and treat as there are no medicines that help everyone. My wife ha...
Thanks for the welcome folks. I haven't had a carers assessment and I'm not entirely sure my wife has had a needs assessment,something I'll have to look into. Allegedly we are getting all the benefits we are entitled too however neither our local C.A.B nor the Jobs & Benefits office appear to be too...
Hi all, I'm Brian. I'm not quite sure what to expect or anything from this forum but I've sort of been pointed this direction a few times and thought I may as well join. I am currently a full time carer for my wife and I am a bit of a house husband and father to our four kids. I came out of work 2 y...