[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
<t>Yes Tilly. We came across a 'Grandma Book' which had suggestions on each page which included photos and ideas of writing what life was like when we grew up. Going to school, what games we played, family life etc. I typed my ideas on A4 paper and inserted the sheets in envelopes with separate head...
<t>Wonderful news Tilly says a grandma of 7 now all grown up and making there way in the world. Fortunately they were spread over 10 years. The eldest now 27 and the youngest 17. So many memories of times with them growing up and they don't forget to keep in touch. I went to Brussels with one granda...
<t>Many Thanks for your birthday wishes. Special occasions don't mean anything to my husband now so decided to have a weeks respite. Till now I have only left him for 2 or 3 days at a time. I felt that as I am fortunate to be healthy I needed to make more of my active life. I have spent the week in ...
<t>It would seem we all go thru the same dilemmas. I feel my husbands small meals are doing enough to keep body & soul together. He also is 82. The dietitian also said a drink of alcohol sometimes stimulates the appettite but with medication, nutritional drinks and food and carers coming in 4 ti...
<t>As you all say it is a shame when an every day normally pleasant thing like meals and eating become something that you have to think about in a different way. Nearly everybody you talk to has somebody they know with dementia. My daughters boss has a stepfather who if not watched will eat anything...
<t>Hi Shewolf <br/> I thought I would give you my experience of my husband with dementia at the dentist. He had seen the same dentist for years and the dentist was on first name terms with my husband. They had sent him letters about checkups but before dementia set in he put off going. Eventually ou...
I am well but feel I am just drifting from week to week.
<t>To all the people dealing with drink problems. A dietitian recently visited us. My husband has dementia & Parkinsons and his chewing went. The dietitian said water on its own is heavy so putting something with it is OK. I use Elderflower in the water. Since my husband had his kidney out he ha...
Here we are back home. Nothing registered with him but I was happy I hadn't left him at home. We stayed 3 hours which was about the right amount of time.
<t>I agree with that Koala. In spite of it all I had a good day yesterday with one part of our family. Managed to get a reasonable photo of my husband. It is difficult to get him sitting up and looking up and some sort of a smile. After much deliberation, I am taking him to our family get together t...