There are wheelchairs with arms that swing right back so wouldn't need to be removed and stored. Here's one, but if you Google 'wheelchairs with swing arms' there are a number. http://www.drivemedical.com/index.php/blue-streak-wheelchair-978.html The other issue is one I'd be tempted to drag the OT ...
That looks very interesting. I'll direct him to that on his laptop and go through it with him when I'm round. Thanks.
Thanks, both of you. I'll pester him again about the OTs but he's afraid he'll lose benefit if he gets more equipment, not that he's got much. A wheelchair, cushion and an air-pump bed, in total. It's odd how normally fiercely independent people suddenly fear those who in times past they'd have brus...
Dad is one of the old school. 92, wheelchair-bound as of six years ago due to a lower spinal condition and resultant operation. He lives alone. My sister and I are there regularly. He accepts a carer twice a week for bathing and so on but daily dressing, and the nurse to dress a pressure sore. Well ...