Building a case that hopefully satisfies the criteria. I received a helpful email from carersuk adviceline and talked on the phone with a nice man from the Carers Unit of DWP who came across as being sympathetic and not the usual inflexible Civil Servant type. Interesting as you say Scally that ther...
Hello Malcolm I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits. Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits che...
Malcolm, I'm sure Scally will be along later (he tends to be a forum Night Owl! I lost out on thousands as I didn't know how the rules worked, just wish I'd known about the forum then. Yes, I am also being nailed for a well intentioned decision taken on my son's behalf which looks like costing him ...
Hello all, could really do with some advice on this topic. I recently registered as as carer to my son. I am working one day per week and being paid monthly but the Local Authority took some time processing wages etc so my first wage came late and i was paid for six weeks. Next months pay included s...
Just a word to say Hi to all. Just formally registered as a carer and through past experience slightly worried about Big Brother watching. We have a lovely 22 year old son with autism and until recently was a Teacher working in Special Needs including young people with autism. If I can I will try an...