<t>Thank you Excalibur. Perhaps what i mean to say is that my situation improved because i worked at it night and day for years since my daughter left school infact. Not everybody is like me and needs a speaker. I look around at a lot of carers in my situation i know personally and nothing at all ha...
<t>Hello Cheryl,<br/> My campaigning on a personal level has been successful. It took many years of putting up with crap to hone my skills <br/> I have managed to get a disabled facilities grant to get a safe room built in our house for our daughter.The first ever given in this area for some one wit...
<t>Thank you for enlightening me about Amelda Redmond's contribution to helping carers. <br/> I have been a 247 carer for 25 years, and have campaigned for a better deal for carers in that time.<br/> <br/> I see NO difference in the lip service that this government gives to carers today than the pat...
<t>I have been struggling with this news for some time,<br/> WHY had Amelda Redmond received a CBE?<br/> could i venture its for not bothering the government too much?<br/> What has actually changed for carers on our illustrious leaders watch? Nothing except for the worse and a 10 year plan as a fob...
<t>I have e mailed the NAS 3 times to three different departments with my complaint. To-date no reply not even an acknowledgment. I have found along the years most big charitable organizations want your money to pay their wages but do precious little for it at grass roots.<br/> The Downs Association...
<t>hello Lazydaisy,<br/> <br/> These Local authorities are getting away with murder. Has your son had a a full fair and transparent assessment of all that you spend on him and i mean everything. If you cant afford it don't pay. The local authority told me in the first instance i could not do anythin...
<t>I recently had a charge drop on my mat from the local authority asking my daughter of 24 with severe autism to pay £25.99 per week towards her services it was on the back of what i considered a ridiculously unfair assessment of income and expenditure. done i hasten to add a year ago. In this a...
Astonished that in this hard pressed time when they are borrowing hand over fist this government still bent is throwing on-our money at yet another ridiculous initiative to give all 11 year olds a cook book, It is supposed to tackle childhood obesity. it is going to cost millions. Instead of throwin...
thankyou i will do that Image
<t>GUARDIAN ON LINE CHAT TO ANNE MCQUIRE.<br/> <br/> MY QUESTION TO MS ANNE MCQUIRE VIA LAUGHINGLY CALLED ON LINE CHAT BUT YOU COULD NOT RESPOND TO HER COMMENTS.<br/> <br/> <br/> <br/> Linda Pestano asks via email: <br/> <br/> Our daughter lives at home aged 24 she has Downs Syndrome and severe Auti...