Get an advocate for yourself and one for your son. I don't like to say too much about my background here, but I am very capable, but still have an advocate to "get my voice heard". Best of all, I won't attend meetings without him so I have an independent witness to what was said. I have been to mee...
Under the Care Act, the caree has a right to an advocate. This must be arranged for him/her. Can I act as his advocat? He doesn't pay me for care or anything so there should be no concerns about conflict of interest. Also if he is asked, he wouldn't object to me to act as his advocate but he has ve...
Hi Molly, The full time Mental Health nurse is being removed from the supported accommodation to be based at nearby hospital. Apparently all the care workers will be trained in dealing with mental health issues and can always call the mental health nurse when extra support is needed. Regarding curre...
MrsAverage,
I am aware of Richard Handley case and I fear my sibling will have similar ending. My brother need a lot of one to one support. For example the other day I asked him to put deodoran on and he used shaving gel instead! He needs to be cooked for and this company is all about independence.
I am a next of kin a sibling who suffers from schizophrenia and is currently living in supported accommodations in the community. The health trust which was responsible for providing the care staff have decided to withdraw their services and given notice to the Council, who pay for the the service. ...
Jenny - I understand now. To be honest investment bit I didn't think through properly. My main thought was at least to put it in savings account. But everything you said will keep in mind. Bowlingbun - thanks for the reply. This place is NHS. They collect money from the cashier for him. I got lots o...
Thanks Jenny, I appreciate your reply. What do you mean by not to try to beat the system? In terms of making sure the money isn't abused, becoming a Deputy, I or whoever becomes a Deputy, has to write annual reports and the Court has power to remove anyone from being a Deputy so am not really worrie...
Hello, My brother suffers from a type of Schizophrenia and is a resident in a supported house, where there is staff to help him and other residents. Unlike other residents he requires a lot of help and needs prompting for almost everything from getting out of bed, having a shower, when to eat, takin...