CA is taxable but since my old occupational pension comes in less that the yearly CA I am ok for the tax. What is seemed to be was the fact that I took this small pension pot (it would have been £7.00 a month and I needed a new boiler) also right now I felt so down or feel so down maybe I sometimes ...
OK sorted for now (I hope) seemingly because I took my "small pension pot" from my EX employer , it came up on a system that I was still working for them. I have spoken to SS man at DWP and he says if I send all the letters I have on the payment he will close the file.
I gave up work to look after him I don't work. 3 years since I gave up work to look after him.
Sorry guys sitting here crying, I just had a letter from DWP and it says I have to go for an interview as they are reviewing my benefits. I only get carers allowance and OH only gets his pension and Attendance allowance. I gave up work to look after him. I don't get any other benefits I need some he...
Helen _1601 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:54 am
The £221 payment appeared in my bank account last night. I noticed coverage about the payments on the local news this morning as well, so it’s likely there’s been a number of carers receiving the additional money this week.
Mine went in yesterday too
My husband has Parkinson's and yes the Lewy Body Dementia is there and it is so sad to watch him. Remember Robin Williams he was diagnosed with LBD and Parkinson's. Robin's widow wrote this article which is sad = The terrorist inside my husband's brain by Susan Schneider Williams http://n.neurology....
My husband was diagnosed in 2012 and of course is has been failing ever since. I gave up work in 2015 to care full time for him and it is so heartbreaking to watch him now. The drooling the shuffle the slurring just the final stages I suppose. I fear with the choking as this can lead to aspiration p...
got my letter today and like Helen, it has been paid but should be in bank next two weeks.
Sorry to hear that things are so hard Patricia. As we too are getting older, our own resilience and energy diminishes. So we can deal with one mountain reasonably well, but each new one gets harder and harder. That's how it was for me anyhow. Has your husband had a recent Social Services Needs Asse...
Thank you, I originally joined I think as my mother had gone in a home and I was caring full time for my husband, still caring full time for OH and will keep doing. I have fought for a wetroom for him and a bannister up the stairs but it is such hard work. Oh and mother died March there thought thin...