[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
. . . – she got me to register online so she can check my medical records; – she forced me to give her access to my online banking so she can control my finances – although she has never worked a single day since we’ve got married; – she demanded access to my mobile phone and my laptop to check on ...
I originally posted this as a reply to Neil's discussion with the same title, but it seems to have become split into a new thread. Thanks Melly and SunnyDisposition for your thoughts. I am sure all readers will find your comments helpful and I can certainly identify with them. The trouble can be tha...
Sorry but I need to vent, so here I am! MELLY - I could move out now with Mum still around but she won't move with me. Moving out would be pointless if I am going to be stuck in the same rut - I would still have to do the cooking and cleaning. Also, when Mum is not around anymore, I don't want to b...
How much time DO I spend caring? I decided to analyse my time over a week. I drew up some charts, mapping each day on an hourly basis and made a note of any time I considered to be actually caring. I assessed the following categories: Fetching things (carrying things from room to room) Ironing (Near...
I think most of us tend to avoid confrontation, and perhaps for good reason. The text book approach is negotiation is better than confrontation. But some people do not want to negotiate - certainly not bullies. A blazing row can sometimes clear the air, as in Jackie's example. I know this from perso...
What is life like when going for a jab is like a day out!! . . . I have had my jab and my wife had hers the following week. At the same place, about seven miles from home. Not quite a day out, but nearly a morning out. For my wife, the first time out of the house for . . . I'm not sure when. We hav...
Went to the shop on Friday because it was supposed to be snowing weekend, supermarket is on one of the main roads into town. Just hundreds of cars coming into my town, WHY, we are supposed to be in Lock down, essential journeys only. So where were all these people going? And the supermarket car par...
Hello, Lucy. This sounds very complicated. Many people supposed to be helping you are doing anything but and falsifying information. I don't think I can unravel this. The best suggestion I can make is phone the carers' helpline on 0808 808 7777. You need a dialogue with someone who can go through th...
Hello, Londonbound. I am afraid I don't think I have an answer to your immediate problems, but maybe I can make a few points of interest generally to readers of this forum. Given your suggested distance and transport (or lack thereof) to the supermarket or doctors', I have the feeling that you live ...
Hello, Wendy. Sorry you do not seem to be getting any response to this post, but I think it is putting people off. I don't wish to knock Facebook; I use it myself in a restricted way. However many people have had concerns about security of information, especially if they want to discuss delicate mat...