[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Hello, Sandra. I'm afraid your mother's condition is likely to get worse. As you say yourself, things are getting more difficult. She needs soon to go into care, where she will be looked after better than you can. Your sister does not want her to go into a care home. She want you to care for her for...
Hello, Laura. It would also help if you could tell us how old your uncle is. If he is over 60 this could affect what would happen to the family home if a decision were to be made for Nan to go into care. There are a few options here; would you like also to respond to Bowlingbun's check list and we c...
Thanks for your reply, Samantha. Once you have had the results of the scan you will be able to investigate the various allowances, e.g. Attendance Allowance, to which you or your mum may be entitled. These allowances cover the costs of pendants or other useful aids.
i have health problems myself and i have to care for my 85 year old mother. I'm supposed to have a carer for myself. She wont have a carer herself or let me have one for myself. . . . I feel so guilty at feeling this way. I should love my mother i keep telling myself. . . . Hello Jenifer. I have fo...
Hello again, Samantha. Thanks for your detailed replies. We have a clearer picture now. It is great that you are receiving good advice from many sources. Your mum So it seems that your mum is able to look after herself physically but appreciates company. A visiting carer could be a friendly visitor ...
Hello, Samantha. I have read the AgingCare web page, recommended by Sunnydisposition. Thought it is American, it is all very relevant to the situation in the UK. I don't recommend you give up your job, unless you are near normal retirement age anyway. It seems to me that worry about your Mum is impa...
Hello Nelaxe. My wife uses a wheelchair. I think I can answer your questions and give a few tips. 1. Difficulties Rough surfaces, and bumps, e.g. in doorways, can sometimes be difficult to negotiate. It is often easier to pull the wheel chair backwards over these difficult places. Lifts can present ...
The witness wasn't anyone I knew. I was outside in the front garden when it happened and they saw me fall. They offered to call someone but I said it was okay because there was someone in the house. They tried to knock on the door but Dad wouldn't answer (it is my job to answer the door for mail an...
Even before the coronavirus, I used to use washing up liquid just to clean my lenses. My optician has advised that this is not a good idea. Washing up liquid can gradually damage the anti-reflective coating, if you glasses have it. Lens wipes or sprays, obtainable from opticians and some supermarket...
Hello Costa. I cannot give final advice on what you should do - that decision is up to you - but I can add some further ideas for for you to consider. Let me consider some points, one at a time. Should your parents relocate? You want your parents to move near you, but not actually live with you. I q...