[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
BB, I usually shop online once a week, since the world went mad I am now having to shop every few days in person and although supermarket limits should prevent panic buying they also mean you have to go shopping more e.g. everything limited to 3 - 3 apples?! Bill - glad you got your spuds. Melly1 T...
This thread has become rather long and spans several months.

Undermyduvet now is in another care home (I think) but ultimately wants more-suitable accommodation, ideally a bungalow with carers visiting.
Ayjay wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:12 am
I was talking to my son on the phone last night, he is predicting a petrol/diesel shortage in the not too distant future.
. . .
Tell your son not to shout this around too much, or there will be lots of people panic-buying petrol. And for goodness sake don't say anything to the news media.
Hopefully it will all get back to normal next week or the week after, there is only so much you can stockpile. Now there's a bit of sensible advice! Not that I approve of stockpiling one bit, but we have had these panic buying issues in the past and they usually level out after a couple of weeks.
Our local Waitrose is going to have 7.30-8.30 am shopping dedicated to the elderly and vulnerable. First problem, who has carers at that time of the morning!! Not much good either if you don't have transport. The principle of herding a lot of elderly and disabled people together seems to be a recip...
<QUOTE author="Sadie_2003" post_id="424782" time="1583614340" user_id="1599952"> . . . We are a very small family and my sister dies 17 years ago, my Mum said to me this week, the wrong daughter died. I just don't know what to do, I'm all she has, and she's my Mum. I can't just abandon her, but I ca...
Nice to hear from you again, Undermyduvet. At least you have been separated from the bully now. That's a step forward.

You may not yet be in ideal circumstances, but work on that, a step at a time, persevere and you'll get there!

And keep in touch.
. . . I have thought of changing , the practise has 30,000 patients, hundreds of elderly/disabled, hundreds of unpaid carers, and should realise what is going on. The practise should move with the times and adopt modern methods helping and supporting carers, they should be forced to. That's a big p...
Thank you, Londonbound, for your lengthy reply. Your situation is much clearer now. You have moved into a "cluster" of disabled people which was effectively a mutual-help group, but has gradually changed to a mutual-dependency group. You are a kind and generous person who gets pleasure in making liv...
Hello again, Undermyduvet. Like Thara, I am concerned that we have heard nothing from you since November. Did the safeguarding meeting take place? What was the outcome? Are you still at the same care home? Is the bully still there? We are hoping that your problems are now resolved and you are living...