[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
Left-wing press, right-wing government, speculation. Not a combination I take seriously. One bit of the article that does make good sense is that about the R factor. A value of 0·85 is nothing to be content about. Yes, it indicates that infection is falling, but taking a long time to do so and at th...
Lockdown will be eased by withdrawing one measure at a time. The family "bubble" groups was one measure, re-opening of shops as of today was another, and relaxing the 2 metre rule is a possible third. Monitoring of cases of infection and death from Covid-19 continues as lockdown eases. If cases star...
Since my earlier tirade over this matter, further news has come through. It seems that this was one of these stories that have been distorted by the media. Durham Police investigated and decided that though DC may have broken guidelines he did not actually break the law by driving from London to Dur...
. . . I too have reservations about about driving as far as you like and am surprised that this restriction has been relaxed. . . . I had my reservations but I was not expecting the furore about Dominic Cummings' sojourns in Co Durham. We have an ill-defined relaxation and someone puts his own inte...
It is a similar story in the care home where my Mum is. Relatives have asked about garden visits; the manager has checked with head office but they have said "No." Understandably, head office is worried about the many risks and does not want to be seen as sanctioning something that later could resul...
Oh dear, Luke, I am so sorry to hear what you are going through at the moment. Your nan in hospital, out, in, out and in again. At least the carers seem to be good. I hear so many stories on this forum of slap-dash carers. You will need to be strong as you go through this difficult time. As others h...
NEITHER of you should be doing any lifting! Please don't lift Nan, there are too many carers with bad backs. If she falls, call the ambulance or the carers. I would certainly endorse that, Luke. It is not a case of whether you feel strong enough; as a young man you very probably are. Elderly people...
It is very worrying for people who, like me, have an elderly relative in a care home. And it must be heartbreaking for the staff that work there.
I admit I do not watch the early morning TV often; usually at that time I am sifting through forums, like this one. In view of comments in this topic I decided to tune into Good Morning Britain and take another look at Piers in action. I would agree with anyone that says that interviewees should be ...
Hello, Angela. I am inclined to agree with Thara; it sounds as though you have done all you can. However I can understand why you are unhappy with this situation and perhaps feel helpless. You say your stepfather is controlling. Is he controlling to your mum, or anyone in particular, or to everyone?...