[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
. . . The thing is, many years ago (probably 20) she got her Mum to sell her house and move into a housing association home. She gave her daughter, and her grandchildren very large amounts of money to help them out and is now obviously below the threshold so will get full funding but has no choice ...
Sorry to hear about your brother. I'm sure you like to cook quality meals, but it's quite OK to have a few convenience meals in stock. Pizzas in the fridge, canned vegetables in the larder, etc. I cook daily meals for my caree but convenience meals tide us through difficult periods when our time is ...
Hello, Liz. It sounds as though you are a bit depressed with your situation. Some additional thoughts: You seem to be in two minds about staying in work. Have you considered part-time work? This would improve your work-life balance and enable you to cope better. You are thinking of working from home...
This web page seems helpful. https://www.gov.uk/renew-driving-licence#other-ways-to-apply It seems that you can do this at a main post office, even if you have not had a reminder letter. You don't need a passport. Try the post office again, refer them to this web page and let us know how you get on.
Hello, George. I agree; the very sound of dental instruments is ofputting. The sounds waft into the waiting room and do nothing to encourage you to go in and have the treatment. When you are on the Chair, it is worse - all close at hand and in contact. I don't think anyone would describe a visit to ...
Hello Owles. Don't be hard on yourself. Nobody is good at everything. You are good at practical things but not at social chit-chat. Others are just the opposite. It sounds as though Mum gets visitors with good social skills. If they are now finding things more difficult because of the Alzeimer's, so...
Hello Karen. Mum can certainly put up an act and her memory is at her convenience! You can't force her to go into a care home unless she is proven unfit to live elsewhere.

For the present the best I can suggest is take up the offer of more-frequent visits from carers and reduce your availabity.
Good day, Andrew. I must respectfully suggest that, while I appreciate your concern about dodgy financial schemes, this is not the best forum in which to air your views or seek advice. This is probably why you have had no response so far. This forum is for people acting as carers, and to discuss rel...
Hello, Miss T. I was once in a similar position. When your family took on the tenancy of your present house, I presume there was means testing, and the letting was granted on the basis of five people in residence. Hence the house would be of a suitable size. Unfortunately, since you are effectively ...
Also suggest your husband discusses this with his trades union representative. It does not seem right that he is being treated less fairly than others.