[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum -Search
Exactly! Another reason to believe that that call did not come from the TPS.
Hello, Susan. It seems that the system is that you go for the vaccination where you are told to go. My wife and I were sent to the far side of town for ours, even though there were vaccination stations closer by. I would not assume your next vaccination will be at the same place as previously. I sug...
I had a phone call recently, claiming to be from Telephone Preference Service. After rabbiting on for a while about "nuisance" calls, the caller asked me for some card details "to check against their records". Just the last four digits of my payment card, and the expiry date - that was all they need...
Another month and little change in COVID new infection rates. The graphs go up and down but there is no real trend over the last two months. Lack of leadership from Parliament. My wife and I continue to wear masks in indoor public places. At her suggestion we have resumed sanitizing goods brought in...
Hello, Carl. You do well to refer this matter to CQC. However I doubt whether CQC has a silver bullet that it can fire from the distance and make everything come right overnight. Things will take time. Your Mum seems happy with the carers but clearly you are not, and for very definite reasons from w...
There are many recommended books here: https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/tips-and-practical-advice/useful-books-etc-34377 I have not actually bought The Selfish Pig's Guide to Caring myself, because other books meet my needs. However if you visit here and drill down you will find man...
Hello, Emma. Your father needs to be elsewhere, but now that you have let him into your home it is going to be difficult to get rid of him. Possibly he could have an accident and go into hospital, which would be a step towards his going into new accommodation, but you should not wait for that to hap...
Hello, Colin. I have had four distinct careers in my working life. For the fourth, when I was in my mid fifties, I sought a highly technical rôle in IT. People said that it was a young man's profession and I had no chance at my age, but I persevered and made it. The important thing is not to be sens...
This is a typical opening ploy used by scammers. They try to make themselves sound official but using plausible sounding key words. "You may have heard that the NHS recommends . . ." "I expect you are aware that the Government is offering grants for . . ." That sort of thing. Take care not to get su...
Hello, Tracey. You are a kind and caring parent, and cannot bear to see your daughter upset. She throws tantrums and self harms and you feel guity. Normally I would suggest that emotional blackmail should be rebuffed with the contempt that it deserves. However it seems to me that your daughter's pro...