. . . Two thoughts - whatever actually is to happen (ie, if it does have to stay there 'indefinitely'), do be aware that care home staff can, all too often to my mind, KEEP telling residents 'this is your home now'... Personally I think this is disastrous! I know they mean well ,and want the reside...
Re Food - in general, the very elderly start opting (or 'reverting' maybe?) to 'kiddie food'. Basically 'sweet carbs'. To my mind, at extreme old age, do they really NEED what we would consider a balanced diet? Do they need to build muscle with protein (meat and fish), and how many vitimans do they...
Long ago before I entered carer land I was a contracter too, driving for hundreds of miles to some locations, working my hours in 4 days, staying B & B and yes there was a lot of jealousy but good money. Don't really miss it though as I like being at home and I've got over the climibing the walls w...
. . . Just to point out my shower has its own electric wall heater. The one 'downside' of combis is that it can take a while to run a bath, as the water has to heat as you fill it, rather than draw it down from a hot immersion tank. This thread has digressed, as they often do. Baths are less popula...
Good day, Socialwallflower and others. Reading this I feel lucky that my family can sort out things like this without quarreling. My elderly mum is in a care home nearly 300 miles away. One of my sisters lives in that area and has power of attorney. The rest of us siblings are scattered around the c...
Hello, Rebecca. I wonder in which order you were doing things. I had a problem in accessing the Forum after logging in. I discovered that if I first went to the Forum from home page and then logged in, I had proper access. Odd that it should work that way but it did. I am just mentioning this in cas...
Good day, Paul. You talk quite disparagingly about your employer and it sounds as though your relationship is somewhat acrimonious. Let us go through your points objectively. . . . Unfortunately I was off sick for an operation myself, so they took the permanent nights off me (yes, they’re really tha...
Hello, Emily. Just a few thoughts to add to the good advice you have already had. Many friends are met in organisations to which you belong or places you regularly visit. I presume that at present you have little time for hobbies, so maybe a hobby-based club is not a practicable pursuit. There are m...
Welcome to the Forum, Jodi. I have seen your other posting. Perhaps it would be better to concentrate on this one, rather than dwelling about what is and is not fair. You can't influence Government policy but you can have some influence on how a nursing home looks after your Nan. I should like to re...
David_180312 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:03 am
Not related to caring, but I see we have the same surname, 180312, it's an unusual name so we must be related!!
As far as I can see the first four digits are the year and month when you joined the forum. I don't know about the other two. Perhaps you added them yourself, as you can. :-???