Hello Joanne. Thanks for sharing your feelings. Right now I am sure things seem to be terrible, but I'm sure you can pull through this bad phase and enjoy a better life. I am not trying to deny that the problems that are worrying you are very real, but some things do seem to be going in your favour....
The one piece of advice that I got given years ago and which I've followed with every move since is to have a separate box packed with kettle, tea bags/coffee, milk, mugs and biscuits. Then make sure its the last thing you take out of the old house and the first thing you take into the new one ! Pl...
Thanks for bringing us up to date and saying a bit more about yourself. It should not matter that you have not been with your present doctor for long. He should have access to your medical history and be able to advise you or any party with reason to be involved. I'm glad that you are moving forward...
Points of view over cruises vary, depending on the condition of the caree. The upside: Once you have joined the ship, you unpack your belongings in the stateroom and there they stay till the end of the cruise. You visit lots of far-flung places without the hassle of needing to pack, unpack and repac...
Thanks, Undermyduvet, for your replies to my post and others'. We are learning a bit more about your situation. It does not surprise me that your neighbour has mental problems. She is probably a very unhappy person at heart. This could be the reason why management is particularly attentive to her. T...
Tell the company that if there is a problem they must "put their concerns in writing as you don't discuss this sort of thing over the phone with strangers, as it could be a fraudulent call". . . . Once again, Bowlingbun is spot on. It is worthwhile to give this company just a little bit more attent...
Thank you, Bowlingbun, for your suggestions. I have checked these. The Calvert Trust operates throughout Britain, not just Exmoor. It runs activity centres for the disabled. Sykes Holidays seems to be mainly self-catering holiday cottages. I'm not sure these options would have been an alternative to...
Stephen, if you really want to leave this Forum, then that is your decision. You are the best judge of your personal life, your time, your responsibilities as a carer. But we'll be sorry to see you go. I was entertained to read your recent post (though I did not respond to it at the time) about an o...
Hello, Lynda. I don't know of any specific rules or guidelines. Perhaps others do and may advise on this forum. What I can do is try to see the care home's point of view. A care home is not like a hotel, where bookings are based on firm dates scheduled for leisure or business affairs, often known we...
Thanks for your thoughts, Ayjay. It does seem, as you have found, that a Boolean search is little better than a simple one. The way search engines work is by trying to find the best match using all the component words. When that search is exhausted, they bring up results with one component word miss...