Hello again, Chris. I've been out of touch with the Forum for a few days. How's it running now? Originally it sounded that the slow loading problem was an immediate result of installing the ad blocker, so I focused on that. I expect the computer shop has done a good job. Possibly they have de-clutte...
Good day Butterfly68. This inquiry does not in itself seem related to caring, but I see you have made various other posts on this forum so here goes, taking your points in order. You say you used a lot of gigabytes. I presume by this you mean that you are finding your data charge is excessive. You s...
I think it is good that the District Nurse has decided to refer this to Social Services, and there are extra personnel becoming involved on your case. I would not, at this stage, assume that anyone is blameworthy. People under care constantly have new ailments spring up. Let the meeting take its cou...
I too was having this type of problem for a while - couldn't see reply buttons or get to private areas. I think I have sussed a way that works - though I certainly used not to need to do it this way. Call up the Carers UK home page in the usual way. DO NOT log in yet. Select the Forum link. You will...
Contact the council that made the parking bay and ask if it is 'advisory' or 'mandatory'. You need know this before moving forward. Does your dads neighbours use a blue badge too? . . . x Adam, we need to know the answers to these two questions. Your specific problem hinges on them. Others have exp...
Some years ago, before my wife had her present disability, she persuaded me to have the kitchen floor redone as hard tiles. Previously it was lino-type material and had become stained. This is a decision I have regretted. Breakages went up! A piece of crockery dropped on a lino floor has a little ch...
Sorry for the late reply Carol - like some others I have been having trouble with gremlins on the modified forum system and have been unable to reply to posts till now. You seem to be between the devil and the deep blue sea here, with the idea of covert medication, recommended by some and rejected b...
I'm trying to see the carers' point of view here. Reading between the lines a little, it is possible that they have instructions not to allow relatives that have not been trained on this particular hoist to watch them. There is the worry that someone could try to copy and do the job themselves later...
Hmm, well we asked the care home office and they said its not possible to use them for the calls, or at least they gave the impression. It just seems a waste of money as you pointed out, Mam isn't really capable to manage a phone line/phone/mobile. It is all down to how capable your Mam is of using...
. . . I am wondering should we get a landline in her room, or a mobile for Mum with an international sim? Does anyone have any advice what's the best thing to do? Cost etc. Cheers. :) It should be possible to get a landline phone installed. Even if staff were willing to take Mum to the phone, or vi...