The more I think about things the more complicated they seem. On the will front, if there is no will i would get a 6th share of the estate which would probably be enough for a deposit on a little house. However, my brothers, who are both addicts would get the same amount and probably spend their mo...
. . . Bit annoyed with the Consultant to be honest. Yes Dad is VERY annoying and expects miracles but I think hes said this to shut him up.... The risks for Dad to have that OP are crazy. Especially when he can still walk, says its not that bad, and doesn't even take the full dose of painkillers......
Hello Snowwhyte. On return to this forum after a short absence I picked up your thread. Firstly I would say that you are to be admired for the way you have coped and supported your grandparents so far with these difficult circumstances. I have also seen some very good advice from many contributors t...
Wheeling someone in a chair into and out of a lift brings its challenges and decisions. Do you go in forwards or backwards? Forwards can be a bit unnerving for the passenger if the doors start to close soon, as many of them do. A wheelchair passenger's feet go first; they are vulnerable. Backwards g...
Wow, Bowlingbun, that's a good one! I've been using this forum for a while and thought I knew my way round, but I have ignored quick links up to now, thinking it was a link to external sites in which I had no interest. It all goes to show how different people view web sites in different ways. This i...
It is interesting how threads suddenly come to life again after over a year. Yes, Specsavers is NHS approved and has a branch in every large town. There may be other NHS approved shops. Yes, Emily, it is always best to refer hearing problems initially to your GP, who will refer you if necessary. Som...
This thread was marginal in its connection with caring from the outset, and it has become more a consumer affairs matter than a caring one. I have said plenty and have reached the point where it is time for me to bow out. My prediction is that those who opt out of the cheap-rate variable tariffs ava...
I often watch tv programs on subjects I'm hardly likely to do, cakes I'm not going to bake. I climb Mount Everest from my armchair! . . . Mightn't the choice of what's on the tv depend on the likes and dislikes of the healthcare workers who have the remote control? . . . Thanks, Rosemary. Maybe I w...
Hello Lesley. Quite simply, your mum needs to be in a care home, where she will be under the constant care of staff trained to deal with conditions like this. You need to give your own health a chance; the more you let it deteriorate the less help you will be to her or anyone else. I presume mum's h...
My Mum has her own tv in her own room. Don't most? The home has several common areas, people chose which to sit in, only one has a tv on. They don't have to stay in that area if they don't wish. Yes, most private bedrooms have a TV, but that is not always a good solution. My mother spent too much t...