[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers UK Forum - Search
I hardly dare say this, but things are looking more optimistic. Infection rates are now falling. The contributors to this Forum, along with many others, are being sensible and taking precautions beyond those now required. One factor that may have helped is the school holidays starting. When the scho...
Hello, Stuart. I entirely endorse Karen's post - some excellent advice there. You may well enjoy your parents' company, but I recommend you try to find some club or society of mutual interests where you can meet people and make friends. I would recommend this to anyone, including people living with ...
Hello again, OnTheVerge. Nice to see you back. . . . I'm still on the prowl for a house. . . The nicer ones seem to get snapped up in a day or two but I have contacted local estate agents and left my details with them so who knows. Good move! Mum is still adamant she will not move from here so I hav...
Hello Julia. As Melly suggested, treat this as a little holiday for him. A change of scenery and a chance to meet others. Care homes are not the dreadful places some people imagine them to be. You never know - he may actually like it and want to go again. Let's hope so, anyway. It is good that his m...
Thank you, Doll, for this very useful link. Clicking on the graphs displays further graphs to give as much detail as anyone would want. The alarming thing is the current fast rise in new infections, though it seems that far fewer people are dying from COVID-19 than previously. Even so, it does not s...
Hello Claire. You have nothing to feel guilty about. I know you are concerned for your children, but his behaviour has put you in this predicament. It is not your fault. You feel you should have left him years ago. Abandoning a spouse is not a straightforward business, and can bring on a host of new...
There was a case recently in our village, where a motorist living in a cul-de-sac regularly drove over the paved area at the blind end to take a short cut to a through road. The police found out and visited to motorist "to give advice". I gather the practice has stopped. Yes, definitely inform the p...
Hello, MissMouse. Apart from agreeing with the above advice, I would add that his refusal to let you contact nephews and neices is unacceptable if he wants your services. You have done your bit in straightening up his welfare. You need to let him go his own way and accept the help of closer relative...
Hello, David. I am sorry to hear about your situation. However it would help we had a little more information. Why are you vacating your present accommodation and what type of accommodation is it? How is your father's general health. What health issues does he have that require caring? Who are these...
Likewise, I have a relative in a care home with a bog standard telephone line (from BT I think) with no broadband or other bells and whistles. You don't see such things in glossy adverts. It is best to phone telephone sales and just say what you want. I had a friend (now sadly deceased) in a care ho...